two

Chapter Two:

Hunger

Two Weeks Later

Edward Cullen had a craving for human blood, he always believed it has worsened every day since he joined the Volturi. 

(Flashback)

Edward always hid his craving for human blood from his family, he always thought killing innocent humans was wrong and that his family would judge him for doing so but right now, looking at the innocent human from outside his bedroom window, he noticed how with the pumping of their heartbeat he didn't really care about his family. 

"Cullen, you do realize that staring at someone from your bedroom window is extremely creepy?" Edward truly hated everyone here but not Jane. Edward smiled slightly before quickly wiping it off his face, a frown replacing his smile. "What is it you want, Jane?" he questioned Jane who was leaning against the doorframe in her usual black robe, the same one Edward has refused to wear. "Master Aro has sent me to check up on you, you haven't eaten or even changed your clothing," Jane said eyeing him in disgust. Edward didn't really give too much thought to his clothing, but when he got the immense fear that Bella's scent would disappear, and his feelings for her with it. 

 "I'm fine as you could see, so you can go" 

"Are you seriously going to keep whining about someone who isn't even here?"  Jane asked causing Edward to give his full attention to her. "As if you were to know what it is like to love someone" Edward spat back at Jane, pure anger coursing through both of them. "I never said I did," Jane said stepping closer to him, challenging him to say anything else. "Then don't give me advice on something you simply do not understand"

"Advice no but a suggestion" 

"Is that so, Jane" Edward stepped forward bringing them closer than they were before. "It is so, Cullen" Jane smirked lifting herself up slightly wanting to come face to face with Edward. He scoffed before stepping away much to both of their disappointment. 

Jane cleared her throat, before turning and walking towards the door. 

"You and I will never get along, but Aro doesn't want you to pass hunger so when your sone sulking over a human, tell the guard...they'll make arrangements about everything," she said before walking away leaving him consumed in his thoughts, especially about his mate. 

(End of Flashback)

Jane and Edward had visibly avoided each other since that evening but now there was no avoiding, they were both in the same room but standing on the opposite side. One of them drinking the blood of a bronzed-haired human with similar features as Edward and the other completely ignoring the burning sensation on his throat. Aro, Caius, and Marcus all have noticed their hateful looks toward each other, sending glares and constant eye rolls. After the Volturi finished slaughtering everyone in sight, Caius ordered him, Felix, and Demetri to clean everything up.

"Cullen, Demetri, and Felix clean this mess up," Caius said his voice cold, with no emotion behind it. 

Edward made the choice to follow the orders he was given, but he chose to not feed on innocent humans, that is why every night he would go out and feed on whatever animal he found within miles away. Edward nodded his head carrying as many dead bodies as he could, and out of the throne room while the others just watched. Jane rolled her eyes before standing next to her twin brother, Alec, who had his eyes set on Edward, Alec's face holding a mocking smile.

"For a vampire, he seems quite weak," Alec said. 

"He insists on not feeding, it's his choice" Jane look at Alec and then at Edward, who was on his second trip of carrying humans. "Why is it you hate him so much, sister?" Alec was surprisingly fine with the fact that Edward became a member of the Volturi, he might be the only one.

Edward finish the order he was given, and he returned to his position with the blood of the victims the Volturi had just killed in his hands. An overwhelming amount of anger coursed through him."You did this" Edward growled running towards Aro with the speed only their kind possessed. Jane was trained for occasions like this and with such pleasure, she used her power on Edward. "Pain," she said causing Edward to stop running midway and drop to his knees, the agonizing pain becoming too much for him to handle. 

"Dear, Edward we didn't do anything, anything you weren't already thinking of doing,"  Aro said calmly looking at Edward who had a strained look on his face then at Jane before giving her a slight glare causing her to stop using her gift on Edward.

"Be careful who you attack, Edward I really hope this will be a one-time thing, if you attack any of us again we will have you executed" Caius spat in anger boiling inside him Caius' thoughts filled with images of Edward, dead.

Edward nodded his head, sending glares at all three leaders. He stood up before exiting the room leaving everyone behind, including Jane.

----------

like, comment, and share

hi bitch