eighteen

Chapter Eighteen:

Happy Endings

"Are you okay, sister?"  Alec said setting Jane down onto the ground, her gaze never leaving the floor. He looked at Jane while she nodded her head. "What happened, Jane, you haven't reacted that way, since..." Alec stopped talking when he noticed his sister sending a glare his way. "Dear, brother do not speak of them as for what just happened, I rather not talk speak of it,"  Jane said before turning to look at the scenery before her the trees and moss, all the green surrounding her was utterly beautiful, something incomparable.

"Sister, I saw it in your eyes, I saw the same broken look you so desperately try to hide, what happened, why couldn't you push the blonde off you," Alec said, he knew better than anyone what kind of problems his sister had, he knew how much she had suffered, more than she likes to admit, that if any human had suffered what she had gone through they wouldn't survive and if they did, they would never be the same, that was the only thing Jane had in common with a human. 

Jane took an unnecessary breath before speaking. "When you used your gift on Rosalie, you used it on me accidentally and my senses disappear, I've never felt this close to death and weak, I was scared, I was so scared I almost felt pity for those who had experienced your gift before" Jane finished talking finally looking at Alec, he knew his sister better than she thought, he knew that his sister isn't scared of death, how could she, Jane faced death every day from those who attacked them when they were kids along with those who killed their parents and the foolish vampires that still try to attack them, till this day. "You weren't scared of death, right, it was the fact that you weren't going to see Cullen, again," Alec said 

"He's my mate, I love him more than anything, apart from you, of course, if I were to die, he would kill himself, I can't be the reason he dies, I just can't." 

"I know how you feel sister" Jane lifted up her head, confusion in her eyes. "Alice" Alec whispered making his sister laugh. "The joyful Cullen" Jane said thinking about what it would be like if they got together. Alec rolled his eyes, a small smile playing on his lips. Alec deserved happiness after everything they have gone through, the twins deserve a happy ending.

"I'm just happy, your happy brother but if she breaks your heart I'll kill her " Alec shook his head before laughing at his sister's statement. "Dear sister, I think you killing her might break my heart," Alec said making his sister laugh, the Volturi twins never imagen what it felt like to have a mate or to be in love but the feeling was better than they could imagen. Alec looked at Jane, her eyes still saddened at the event from earlier.

"Nothing is going to happen to you sister or to Edward, Felix and Demetri will be going to Volterra tomorrow and when they catch Aro up with everything that has happened, we'll go home, away from the Cullens just as you wish" Jane could tell Alec didn't really want to leave, she knew that the only reason he would stay in this place, was for that was Alice. 

"Dear brother, the only thing I wish for is your happiness, if you wish to stay, so be it, stay with your mate but I can't stand them, especially Rosalie, I can't stay here," Jane said, she was never one to like people, her reputation was proof of that but the Cullen's she hated, even more than normal vampires she encountered every day, even when she tried not to, for Edward's sake. 

Alec nodded before wrapping his arms around his sister. "I'm going to miss you, brother," she said before turning her head to the numerous footsteps coming their way.

"What a beautiful moment, don't you think, Felix," Demetri said his arms crossed against his chest, a smirk on his lips. Felix looked down at him before glancing at the twins. "What are you doing here," Jane said harshly, speeding towards Felix grabbing him by the neck before slamming him against a tree, "I'm not really in the mood, so, tell me, dear Felix, why are you here," Jane said not noticing Edward behind both Felix and Demetri.

Jane tighten her grip on Felix's neck, a small smirk playing on her lips, Jane always liked Felix she treated him better than most of the guards. She turned to look at Demetri finally noticing Edward behind him. She let go of Felix before running into Edward's arms, spinning her arm making her laugh. 

"I missed you, love," Edward said making her smile her face tucked in the nick of his neck. "It's been an hour since we talked, how could you possibly miss me, Cullen," Jane said her mood lifting since the Rosalie incident. The rest of the Volturi members watched the scene in front of them, small smiles on each of their faces. Felix knew Jane was hurt, after all, he heard what she told her brother along with Demetri, which was why he interrupted Edward's talk with his family and told him that Jane need him, which wasn't a complete lie. 

They turned around ready to leave before glancing at the couple one last time and speeding away towards the Cullen house. "So baby would you tell me what happened" After Jane left Edward had a fight with Rosalie one which consisted of Rosalie being slammed against the wall and thrown out the window. 

"Not today" 

"Tomorrow then"

Jane shook her head before placing her feet on the ground and looking at him. "We should take a vacation, tomorrow is our last day before we return back to Volterra," Edward said before kneeling down on one knee and looking at her. 

"Angel, we could do a little getaway, far from my family and the Volturi just you and me," Edward said causing Jane to roll her eyes, "Jane Volturi, would you like to go to Paris with me?" Jane shook her head laughing at his dramatic announcement, she went down on her knees, now fully looking at him. "Edward Cullen, I would love to go to Paris with you" She leaned forward pecking his lips before pulling away. She stood up pulling him towards her, "race you", she whispered before speeding away, Edward close behind her. 

________

comment, like, and share