eight

Chapter Eight:

After Thought

Edward didn't comprehend anything, his hands around her waist, his fingers digging into her skin he couldn't control himself, he didn't want to. Jane gripped his hair leaning against the edge of the building, nothing mattered at the moment, not the newborns right across the building, or Aro, nothing but his lips pressed against hers. "Jane" Edward groaned pressing against her, and as if a switch had flipped in her mind, she pulled away finally coming to her senses. Jane opened her eyes, his eyes meeting hers. "What's wrong, Jane?" Edward questioned both his hand cupping her face. She gripped his wrist pushing him away, "we can't do this, I won't do this".

"Why not?" 

"You are a Cullen," she said harshly staring into his eyes, "a pathetic excuse of a vampire, a vampire who feeds on animals" Jane stepped closer. Edward's smile grew wider knowing that she didn't mean anything she said, "a vampire who begs for a human's safety".

Jane stepped closer, glaring at him, daring him to do what he just did. They didn't know what they were doing, what was happening between them, or what had changed. But things changed they both knew, they both felt it. Jane scoffed at the small part of her that wanted the kiss to happen again. She turned to look at the newborns her back facing Edward. "We will never speak of this, I will decide what to do with the newborns when my brother arrives," Jane said turning to walk away before glancing over her shoulder and looking at Edward, who was staring at the newborns.

 "Feed, Cullen" Jane whispered and sped away leaving Edward behind. Edward never knew what love felt like, he thought he did, with Bella his supposed mate, but when he kisses Jane he felt incredible and what he thought was once impossible suddenly felt possible, he felt it in his chest where his once beating heart was, he knew it would soon feel like it was beating again. 

I need to feed, for her sake if I want to see her, again. Edward thought. 

It was an impulsive thought, an action to risk his safety to see Bella again. He had enough clarity he knew Jane was his mate but maybe the smaller part of himself was right, the part that refused Jane as his mate. Edward looked towards the direction where Forks was, in a few days he would be there without hiding. He made his way towards the nearest woods, hunting for whatever animal was near. Small hoofs echoed through the forest, he turned his head towards the sound walking closer and closer to the animal, quietly not wanting to scare it away. 

He jumped quickly attacking the animal, his teeth sinking into the deer's neck. Edward drank the animal's blood, draining it completely turning his once pitch-black eyes his usual topaz color. Finally, after being fully satisfied he turned to face the direction he knew Forks was and speeded away, wanting to reach Bella's house. 

______

Edward looked at the house, the same white house he would visit every night, the same house he would climb through the window to lay next to Bella and watch her sleep. Edward took an unnecessary breath before climbing up to her window wanting to look at Bella before she would hate him forever because of an action he was so deeply unregretful of. He had kissed Jane and he had liked it, Edward knew they were mates and that they were meant to be together for eternity but the thought of them kissing had a big difference, but the difference was good it was something indescribable.

He looked through the window, but the thing he saw was the last thing he expected. Jasper and Bella whispering to each other, her head resting on his chest and his arms wrapped around her, their whispers so low and soft making it impossible for him to hear. Edward furrowed his eyebrows not believing what he was seeing but mainly what he was feeling, and that was nothing. He expected any sort of feeling upon looking at her but if Edward was being completely honest the idea of seeing Bella didn't excite him the way it would have a couple of months ago and seeing Jasper and Bella together meant nothing to him. 

This isn't right, Edward is with the Volturi suffering and I am in bed with his mate, Jasper thought. 

Edward chuckled lowly before climbing down the tree and speeding away, not before glancing one last time at the house. His family was alright and his decision was made, he would change for Jane becoming a Volturi meant keeping Jane and that's what he wanted. 

__________

like, comment and vote

I'm back