nine

Chapter Nine:

Acceptance

Something had changed within Jane as if a hole in her heart, that she didn't know was there, was finally filled. She felt complete, immaculate, euphoric, those feelings were the aftermath of something forbidden and as she stared blankly at the moving picture on the T.V screen she only thought about one thing. Cullen, his lips on hers was something she wished she could feel again but Jane knew that whatever they had, it would be prohibited. 

As if by cue, a knock interrupted Jane's thoughts, and the same vampire she was thinking about stood behind the door. Jane rolled her eyes before moving to the side allowing him to step into her room. "What is it you want, Cullen?" she asked closing the door and turning around finally facing Edward. Edward smiled at the sharpness of her voice not realizing how much he missed her. "I went to see Bella," he said regretting instantly noticing the light in her eyes dim slightly. He closed the distance between them wrapping one arm around her waist, and his other hand resting on her cheek, cupping it slightly. 

Jane pushed him away but he didn't move, he stood unmoving like a statue. "Get away from me, Cullen" Jane looked into his eyes almost pleading him to stay away. Edward ignore her before speaking again, "I went to Bella's and I saw her with one of my brothers".

Jane nodded encouraging him to move on, she brought her hand up to his cheek, caressing his skin slightly. "I saw them and I felt nothing," he said confusing Jane, she thought for him it might be hard looking at your brother and mate together. "It wasn't, it wasn't hard" Edward replied to her thought. "Stay out of my head, Edward" Jane said softly. She leaned in bringing their foreheads together, "why weren't you upset?". Edward chuckled at her confusion making her pull away, Edward laughed at her childlike action before pulling her back towards him. "Because of you Jane, I only feel when I'm with you" Jane looked up at him a small smile playing on her lips. She looked into his topaz eyes and then reality set in, and as fast as their moment began it ended. She pulled away and walked passed him completely ignoring his gaze.

It was still pulsing in her veins, whatever it was that drew them together, too strong to be called desire, too blinding hot to be called attraction, too powerful to be called love whatever the feeling was it was still inside her, in her soul. But they couldn't be they were too different, too unlikely, and possibly even deadly. 

"Your right, if we would come together, we could be deadly, but indestructible," he said stepping closer to her. Jane looked up at him wanting the answer to a question she wanted to avoid. "Are we mates?" she had asked avoiding eye contact, that seemed like Edward so desperately wanted. Edward sighed nodding his head. Jane looked at him in disbelief before a small laugh left her mouth, "since when have you known, Cullen"

"When we left I read Aro's mind, he wants us to create a stronger mate bond" 

"Is that why you wanted to talk to me, you knew we were mates" 

Edward nodded noticing the look of betrayal on her face. He had known the second they first met that she wanted to be loved, she wanted a mate. and yet he kept it hidden from her but he didn't want her to be with him because of the bond, they both knew that he had better intentions. Jane pushed him the force of her hands cracking his chest, she pushed him again and again, venom pooling in her eyes. Edward wrapped his arms around her, hugging her tightly both of them dropping down to the floor together. Jane dry sobbing against his neck, his own eyes pooling with venom. 

"Shh, shh I'm sorry Jane, I'm so sorry" he whispered rubbing her back soothingly. Jane shook her head, "you read my mind, you know how much it means for me to have a mate and yet you lied" Jane has never felt more powerless not when her village betrayed her and her brother or when she was first turned. "It's your choice to be with me, I don't want a mate bond to affect your decision," he said pulling away slightly, cupping her face with both hands, and looking into her eyes, the vulnerability in them breaking his undead heart. 

"We are meant to be Cullen" Jane whispered, she finally found her soul mate, her eternity, the only chance of happiness she will ever get. 

"Well be together, forever"

"Forever" whispered Jane, connecting their lips, they both knew things had changed, and in a life seemingly complicated they decided to add one more complication, a love deadly to any other that isn't each other.

_________

comment, follow and vote

hi