seventeen

Chapter Seventeen:

Family

After Bella had left it took seconds before the Cullen family made their way toward the couple. Rosalie and Emmett were the ones furthest away from the couple not that, anyone could blame them. Emmett was grabbing Rosalie's waist as if trying to pull her back from attacking Jane. As for the rest of the Cullens, they sat across from Edward and Jane. As for the other Volturi members, they were standing behind Edward and Jane in a protective matter. "What is it you wanted to talk about?" Jane questioned noticing Edward's tense shoulders. Most of the Cullens didn't look at the couple, she as well as Edward thought that maybe if they were to look at them and they saw some sense of humanity or normality, the Cullens would be proven wrong. They would see that the Volturi changed Edward for the better, and they would look like idiots.

"What happened?"

"Why her?"

"Who did this to you?"

"Why couldn't you resist the urge to kill?" 

Multiple questions were asked at once, most questions he answered when Bella asked, but some like why couldn't he resist the urge or why he choose Jane to be his mate, have not.  Edward cleared his throat silencing everyone in the room. "I'm sure you all heard the conversation between Jane, Bella, and I, I do want to apologize for not saying goodbye all those months ago, I had to save Bella's life I owe her that much..." Edward was cut off by a fuming Rosalie who had already wrapped her hand around Jane's throat lifting her off the ground and slamming her against the nearest wall. 

Black smoke filled the air, wrapping around Rosalie cutting her of her senses, she let go of Jane causing her to fall to her knees. Edward speeded towards Jane, her hands covering her face her eyes closed in fear, he wrapped his arms around pressing their bodies together, her hands leaving her face wrapped around his neck her grip tightening as if he were to disappear at any second. Jane was never one to be scared of dying, she had thought of the idea of never seeing her brother again, it brought her pain like no other yet she knew he would be safe with Aro and the other members of the Volturi but when she was struggling against Rosalie's grasp and was accidentally wrapped with the black mist of Alec's power. Her senses were taken and vulnerability was the only emotion she felt, vulnerable because she wasn't able to fight off Rosalie, and all the while she only thought about one thing. 

Edward

And the different actions Edward and Alec would take if she were to die, Alec would accept the help and comfort from other vampires, and Edward would not, he would pull away denying any sort of help whether it was from his family or the Volturi, he would pull away like he did when he first went to visit them, where he wanted to kill himself because he thought someone he loved had died. 

"Love, it's okay Alec could you help her up and take her outside so she could get fresh air" Edward growled his anger becoming worse by the second, he had never seen Jane so vulnerable and emotional, it hurt and angered him. Jane shook her head before tightening her arms around his neck. Edward stood up his hands underneath her thighs as she wrapped her legs around his waist. Edward frowned when he saw his family members stare at her as if she were something for display, something so fragile. Edward looked at Rosalie her eyes filled with regret. 

"I swear to you Rosalie if you hurt Jane in any way I will kill you...in the most painful way possible," Edward said getting closer to her with each word, Emmett had been standing behind her put a hand on Edward's shoulder preventing him from taking another step. "Sister, are you okay?" Alec finally said standing behind Edward facing Jane, she shook her head, her eyes becoming teary.

Alec only saw those eyes twice since they were alive and turned, when both of their parents died and she went on a killing spree, killing everyone who hurt their parents and them, especially him, and the second time when she lost her best friend to a wolf, their childish behavior led to that death. Alec nodded before walking in front of Edward, Edward still glaring at his once-called sister. "I'll take care of her" Alec said grabbing Jane from him carrying her as if she were a porcelain doll. Edward furrows his eyebrows looking at Jane before kissing her head. 

"Let's go for a walk, sister"  

________

comment, like and share