seven

Chapter Seven:

First Of Few

Edward has never felt more powerless in his entire life, not when Bella's life was in his hands, not when he saw her in the hospital bed or when Jasper attacked her but right looking at all the destruction the very few newborns were causing only a small part of the army Edward had seen, she wants to create. Jane and he had made it to Mora a place near Forks, where numerous people had started to go missing. "We should stop them, Jane," Edward said coming closer to the edge of the building, both of the vampires were watching the newborns feed on every human that passed too close to them. 

"They're hidden, no human can see them, they're fine" Jane had said completely in trance with the vampires, she struggled with what decision to make either she killed them and stop Victoria or she waited and see what was about to unfold with the help of the newborns. "We kill them and stop Victoria, it's a simple decision to make," the mindreader said utterly frustrated with what seemed to be to him, Jane's stupidity. Jane growled softly before bringing him to his knees by her painful gift. "Do not treat me as a fool, mindreader, do you not understand if we kill them she will make more perhaps more powerful than the ones she has right now, don't you dare speak to me like your anything above me" she said kicking him on his back her heels digging into his back, his face pressed on the dirty concrete floor, her power still inflicted on him. 

"Do you understand, Cullen?" she questioned. 

"I understand" Edward responded a few grunts escaping his lips at the pain of her power, Jane nodded stopping whatever torture she made him endure. Jane chuckled returning to her previous spot, watching the newborns ruin the building they were currently staying at as sanctuary, Victoria nowhere in sight. 

"Maybe we should consult, Aro" Edward stood beside Jane, the crack Jane had formed from her heel was beginning to heal.  "The news of missing people had spread from here to Seattle and Forks" Jane explained turning to look over at Edward, and shrugging his shoulders, he shook his head, not understanding what the point was, Jane, rolled her eyes glancing at the newborns and then at Edward. "Your sister, the one that saw possibilities, she is no doubt watching Aro's decisions," she said catching Edward's eye, crimson-red meeting pitch black a side effect of not feeding. 

"You should feed, Cullen"

"Cullen, what happened to Edward?"

Jane scoffed, she turned her head staring back at the newborns trying to hide the smile that played on her lips. "Try not to make me upset, mindreader, and maybe I could call you what I use to" Edward smiled before putting a hand on her shoulder, Jane turned the distance between them became much closer, their eyes meeting once more. "Edward, what are we doing?" Jane asked inching closer their noses touching, Edward glanced at her blood-red lips before their eyes meet again. "Lovely Jane, what are you doing to me?" Edward asked he didn't really know why he asked he knew the answer, they were mates bound to be together for all eternity but the question remained. Maybe it was the fact that he has never felt like this before not with Tanya or Bella, or maybe it was the fact that he could do everything he ever wanted to her and she would break so easily. 

"I don't know, Edward," She said closing her eyes, taking an unnecessary breath, and pulling away. Edward furrowed his eyebrows, he looked at Jane, her eyes still closed trying to comprehend what was about to happen, what would've happened, again, if she didn't pull away.

"Jane, are you okay?"

"Never," she said confusing an already concerned Edward. He touches her shoulder once again, causing her to open her eyes and flinch away. "We will never do it again," she continued, "this will never happen, we will never speak of this" Edward looked at her intently wanting to read her mind only to find darkness. Jane walked closer snapping him out of his thoughts. Edward wrapped his arms around her waist too fast for her to move away, pulling her close and without thinking crashing their lips together. 

Then it happened, a simple emotion that truly was too extraordinary, that many couldn't be able to handle. They were made to do this, made to be like this, made for each other.  

_____

like, comment, and share

thank you for the nice comments...THEY DID IT THEY KISSED.