The Mysterious Man

Start from the beginning

Hugging him always calmed him down, he said it's because he feels safe in my arms. He also said I give the best hugs, which I don't believe but it's relaxing to know that I could help my best friend with one little hug. He instantly looked down at me and gave me a real genuine smile.

"There's my mejor amigo. Cálmate para mí, por favor." I say smiling as he rubbed my back as well. (There's my best friend. Calm down for me, please.)

"Ahem, orders." Jonathon coughed.

Jonathon was the manager of the diner. He doesn't like me...only because I wouldn't let him fuck me. He always thought Rico and I were together; so, any time me and Rico touch, he gets so angry and forces us to do unnecessary chores. Seriously, why does the dumpster need cleaning?! Just ridiculous.

"Nobody is in the diner, plus we're closing in 3 minutes." I say turning to Jonathon and mean mugging him.

"There's a gentleman sitting out there and he said he doesn't care if we're closing. He also requested Zoe personally." He said with an unrecognizable face. It almost looked like he was scared.

"Well my shift is done and I'm NOT taking another order. I have shit to do." I said grabbing my belongings and heading out the door. I stopped in my tracks when I saw an unusual man sitting in a booth, he looked very serious.

He was wearing a black suit, some dress shoes, and dress pants. He also had a fedora and was covering his face very well. He looked...scary. I try walking past but he stops me in my tracks.

"Zoella Aliza Jones." He said with a low and deep voice."Um, Do I know you?" I said not turning to face him."No, but I know you, Lizbear." I froze with my jaw slightly open as I hear the name roll off his tongue so smoothly.

Lizbear was my nickname when I was a child. Only four people know that nickname. My mother, My cousin, My aunt, and my father. No one else called me Lizbear so hearing this random man say it, I knew something was up.

My father is on a business trip, so far it's been a month since he's left. I haven't called my father since he left though, he told me not to until he called me. I do miss my father because I have nothing to do anymore but go to work and go home. Rico would take me places sometimes but it was rare.

"I don't mean any harm...I just want to talk." He said in a deep tone. "Well um, I have some things to do so um- you can come back tomorrow." I stammer, as I rushed towards the door.

"SIT DOWN!!" The man yells obviously getting angry. Rico stomps out of the kitchen towards the man rage in his light brown eyes.

"Rico, Stop!!" Jonathon yells at him."No! This asshole has no room to talk to my best frie-" Rico is cut off by the man putting a gun to his forehead.
"What was that, pretty boy?" The man says smirking at Rico."DON'T HURT HIM!" I yell walking closer. "BACK UP!" He says pointing the gun at me as I instantly freeze in fear.

"Now I did not come here to kill anyone, I simply came to talk to Zoe, Alone. So you two, leave." Rico and Jonathon look at me worried.

"NOW!" He yells, putting the gun down and allowing Rico and Jonathon to leave."I'll be outside, be careful and call if you need to." Rico whispers to me as he walks past.

I nod and walk over to the booth he's sitting at and prepare for what he has to tell me."Zoe, We need you to do a job for us." He says with a straight face, as I give him a confused look."We? Why are you choosing me? Is it multiple people that I'll have to work for? Whe-"

"SHUT UP AND LET ME SPEAK!" He says banging on the table. "You have some nerve yelling and talking to me like this when you want me to do this job like I don't have a choice." I say crossing my arms. "You don't have a choice." He says.

"The hell I do. You can't tell me I HAVE to do something, I'm 22 years old. I'm definitely grown enough to make my own decisions. So if you'll excuse me I have some place to be." I say getting up and walking out the door.

I looked around for Rico but saw nobody. It was just pitch darkness, the wind, and street lights.

I looked at my phone and saw it was only 9:00, it's never this quiet at this time.

Fear quickly consumed my body.

When I turned around to face the diner, The man was gone. I was spooked out because I didn't hear the bell above the door jingle. I locked up and quickly started walking home.

I was calling Rico nonstop, no answer. I started sobbing as I turned on my street. I stopped to take a break and call Rico again. Suddenly, my vision got blurry and I heard voices.

"You're not so tough are you? You're so stubborn...just like your father." The voice says laughing out loud.

They threw me in a vehicle where my vision finally went away and everything went dark.