Chapter Forty-Nine

November 26th, 2020
Thanksgiving Day
Southampton, NY
Prentiss Manor
9:30AM

The girls and I got up early that morning to finish the rest of the food. The thanksgiving parade was playing on the tv. Athena was in her swing on the table so we all could watch her until Emily woke up. We were making a traditional dinner this year as well since it's our first one as a family.

"Good morning ladies" Rossi said coming into the kitchen with Hotch and Derek.

"Good morning guys, I have breakfast on the way but the coffee is hot"

"Oh you're a blessing" Reid said as he came in behind them all. We all chuckled as we watched him make his coffee.

"When will your parents be here?" Max asked.

"My mom texted me early this morning and said they should arrive around 11, they wanted to drive instead of flying. They're bringing Athena gifts"

"I hope you guys have more storage space for all of it" I roll my eyes laughing.

"I hope so too" as we are putting everything in the oven Edward and Elizabeth came into the kitchen.

"Hey, I just beat up this punk kid for food, y'all hungry?"

"Edward!" Elizabeth says laughing. I walk over to them hugging them. Edward immediately goes over and picks Athena up.

"Hi Elizabeth, how are you?"

"Oh we are wonderful dear, do you need help with anything?"

"Oh no, we got it all taken care of. Just make sure your husband doesn't kidnap my daughter"

"I can only try"

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

I didn't wake up until 10:30 this morning. The bed getting colder every second that Jennifer and Athena were away. My body finally said enough is enough and we got up plus I'm smelling food. I throw on some gray sweatpants and a shirt before padding into the bathroom to use the bathroom and brush my teeth. After all that is done I head downstairs.

"Well good morning sleeping beauty" I hear Garcia say as I walk into the kitchen.

"Good morning everyone" everyone is scattered around the kitchen. The women are in the kitchen cooking, the rest of the team and my parents are either at the kitchen table or at the big island we have sitting down.

"Hi mom, dad" I give them each a hug.

"Good morning dear" she pulls me into a hug "later on your dad and I have to speak with you" she whispers into my ear, I nod slightly pulling away. I walk over to where Jennifer is. I hug her from behind laying a kiss on her neck.

"Good morning beautiful"

"Good morning baby, did you sleep okay?"

"I did but leaving me to freeze is just wrong" she chuckles and I smile against her neck. She's currently making a cake.

"Emily we have the thickest cover ever I highly doubt you were freezing"

"Ok but that's not the point." I stand there for a little bit talking quietly to her before pulling away walking over to my parents. "Hey let's go to the office really quick, I wanna show you guys something" I grab Athena from my dad and we make our way to the office. I close and lock the door behind us.

"So, what's going on?"

"Your name has been brought up in an investigation involving one of the men killed while you were away. But, you were in prison so they can't pin it on you but be careful okay? Keep a close eye on Jennifer and make sure there is no record of her doing anything. Your father and I are handling things and if we need you or Jennifer will contact you okay?"

"Okay... Are you sure you can handle it?" I lean against my desk staring at them as I rock Athena.

"Yes, we will get things straightened out"

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

"I want to start with the blessing of the food. If you don't mind?" Rossi said as we all gathered around the large table Emily and I had.

"Of course Dave go ahead" We all gathered hands and bowed our heads.

"Father, We have gathered to share a meal in Your honor. Thank You for putting us together as family, and thank You for this food. Bless it to our bodies, Lord. We thank you for all of the gifts you've given to those around this table. Help each member of our family use these gifts to your glory. Guide our mealtime conversations and steer our hearts to Your purpose for our lives. In Jesus' Name, Amen."

"Amen!"

"Let's eat!"

...

"Dad let's not pull out the baby pictures again" Emily pouted as Edward dug his phone out once again.

"No no no! They have to see this one! She was about two and we took her to see some monkeys at the zoo, she was so terrified of the baby one!" He handed the phone around so everyone could see the video.

"I should've never showed him how to get the videos on his phone" Emily said quietly to me as we watched the video. I giggled and slapped her shoulder.

"I hope Athena looks like you. You were so cute"

"So I'm not cute now?" She asked. I rolled my eyes.

"Oh hush" I turned my head giving her a kiss. We heard a throat clear and we saw Reid standing up. He was red and fidgeting.

"What's wrong Spence?"

"I have an announcement to make, well we. Max and I." I smiled.

"Okay we are listening" he cleared his throat again.

"U-uh. I-I-I asked Max to marry me"

"And?"

"Uh, she said yes?"

"THATS MY BOY!" Derek yelled getting up giving Reid a hug.

"Oh my god that's amazing Spence" I got up giving him a hug. "I'm so proud of you" I kissed his cheek pulling away.

"Thank you JJ" he blushes smiling at me.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

"Well, that was an eventful dinner" Emily said as we got into bed for the night. Athena was in her bassinet beside me.

"It was. I can't believe Spence is getting married. That's amazing. She really does bring out the best in him." We met in the middle of the bed, our legs tangling together. "I love you"

"I love you too Jennifer. So much. I'm yours entirely. I'm so thankful for you and I don't say that enough. You are my everything. I love everything about you." She brought her hand up to my face. Her thumb caught a tear as it rolled down my cheek.

"You're so amazing. I swear you are."

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

"Ryan are you sure you want to do this? What you are telling me will end everything for you, do you understand that?"

"Yes I do."

"Okay. Let's book him"

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

AH, WE'RE BACK.

Sorry for going away. I had a lot going on. But I'm back.

Y'all know I couldn't end the story without drama. Something is always going on.

Stay tuned for a few more chapters (maybe)

LOVE YALL 🥰🐋