Chapter Twenty-Eight

Jo's P.O.V

I've always hated the unknown. You have to have patience in order to play the waiting game. I'm nearly seven months pregnant,  patience has basically been thrown out of the window.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Isabelle asks me as she approaches me on the couch.

"Very, very pregnant." I tell her, and she briefly laughs. "I just want him out already."

"Did you not schedule your c- section?" She asks, and I look around to make sure Mox wasn't within earshot.

"I'm not doing it that way. I want a natural birth." I tell her, and her face becomes unrecognizable. "Izzy..."

"That will kill you." She states. "After everything Mox has done to prevent anything happening to you,  you're still going to risk your life this way?"

"I don't expect you to understand."

"You're damn right I don't understand." She spits out. "You're being selfish." I sit and let her be pissed at me when I catch her glance over my body. "Oh my god. You're going to do it aren't you?"

"Do what?" I ask her.

"You're going to try and fake your death after he's born to go work alongside Dante and Roman." I don't speak, but my body language gave me away. "You don't always have to be the hero, you know?"

"He needs his memories back."

"Make new fucking memories, Jo!" She exclaims. "Have you even thought about the pain that not only Mox would go through, but the rest of us? Me, Adam, Seth, Becky.... we would all be devastated."

"You haven't seen the look of pure pain and frustration on his face when I tell him something, and he doesn't know." Tears begin to build in my eyes. "He knows nothing about me, Iz! He doesn't know that my favorite color is purple. Or that my new favorite color is the color of his eyes. He doesn't know that true crime shows are my favorite shows to watch. He doesn't know I love butterflies, and strawberries. He knows nothing."

"You're right. I'm sorry."

"Izzy, it fucking hurts. I lay awake in bed at night just hoping that he remembers me. It feels like there is a gigantic whole in my heart where he should be. I'm fucking scared. Terrified."

I continue to sob, and she pulls me into her chest. "I miss someone who isn't even gone."

"I'm sorry. I had no idea you had this built up inside of you."

"I'm really good at hiding it." I pull myself away from her, and wipe my eyes. "I can't even talk to him  about it because he struggles with it so much already. I miss my husband."

"I know you do, but we can find a different way. You're my sister, and I don't want to lose you. I don't think I could handle it. We can take down Dante, and get his memories back, but please schedule the c-section."

"Okay, I will." I tell her, and she places a kiss on the top of my head. "I love you, Izzy."

"I love you, too."

Mox's P.O.V

I was at the clubhouse late tonight, and by time I make it into my room I was beyond exhausted. I take out my keys, and wallet placing them on the top of the dresser before removing my shirt. 

"Hey, you." I feel Jo's presence from behind me. I turn around to face her, and she's smiling up at me. "Late night?" 

"Yeah. Seth and I were working all day on where Dante and Roman could be working, but all we've done is hit dead ends." I sigh, and sit down on the edge of the bed. "I didn't mean to work so late."