Chapter Seventeen

Mox's P.O.V

The next few days were pretty quiet. I wasn't sure where Dante or Micah were, and they hadn't retaliated yet. It was scary, not going to lie. My main priority at the moment, was Jo. She acted fine on the outside, but I know her. I know she has to be struggling both mentally, and physically.

She's been quiet for the most part. She's taking the healing process pretty well, but it requires a lot of bed rest which is something she isn't used to.

I hear her footsteps as she makes her way down the hall. She was in her leggings with one of my toxicity hoodies thrown on over with her hair thrown up in a bun, and still looked stunning. "Morning Angel, you hungry?" I ask her, and she shakes her head. She walks right up to me, and nuzzles her head against my neck. I gently wrap my arms around her, and we stand there for a few moments in silence.

"Will you come to bed?" She weakly asks me, and her voice was so small it sounded like you could break her.

"I would love to but, I have to meet up with Seth and Roman the clubhouse for a little bit. We are still trying to track down Dante and Micah." Her shoulders slump, and I hear her sniffle. "Hey, what's wrong?" She lifts her head up, and shakes her head at me.

"Nothing, I'll be fine." She tries to pull away from me, and I grab onto her wrist, pulling her back towards me. "Jon seriously, it's fine."

"See, now I know something is up because you never call me by my first name." I raise my eyebrows at her, and she lets out a small giggle. "What's going on?" She looks down at her hands, the sleeves pulled over her fingers.

"Do you think I'm ugly now?" She asks, her lips pulling into a frown as she speaks. I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"Now, why would you ask me that? You know I don't think you're ugly." I lock my hands into a fist on her lower back, trapping her in between me.

"Even with this?" She lifts the hoodie up, exposing her newly healed scar. "And I know I lost our baby..."

"Okay, I'm going to stop you right there." She looks up at me with those big doe eyes. "What did i tell you in the hospital? Hmm?" She looks at me with a quizzical look. "I told you that I love you. That didn't change because of this. That was nothing in your control. Did you know the risks going in to save me? Yes. But Jo, that's one of the things that I love the most about you. You care about those around you so much that you risk everything to make sure that they are safe."

"Now the scar, it doesn't make you ugly. Nothing, and I mean nothing could make you ugly to me. You have the prettiest face, and the most beautiful heart. I love you. Okay?"

She nods at me, but still looked sad. "Baby?" she looks up at me, and quickly wipes her tears away. "What brought this on?"

"I..." She wraps her arms around my neck, and I hold onto her tightly. "You have to go, it's okay." She tries to pull away from me again, and this time I stand up from my seat.

"I'm not going anywhere until you talk to me." I look down at her, and she plays with the hem of my shirt. "You know you can tell me anything."

"Promise you won't get mad?" She asks, and I nod at her. "I've been having nightmares. Especially on the nights where you have to stay at the clubhouse late. In these dreams, you're w-with Renee again, and you just left me once I got stabbed. That, and you barely kiss me so I thought that maybe you were getting tired of me, or hated me because of the baby."

The first thing I do is pull out my phone, and text Seth. "What are you doing?"

"I'm texting Seth to take over for a few days. You clearly need me." I wipe her tears with my thumbs before placing my lips on hers. I hold her face in my hands as I continue to kiss her, and she temporarily loses her balance. I hold her to me, placing my hand on her lower back until we reach the kitchen counter. I gently pick her up, and place her on top of the counter.