Chapter Twelve

Jo's P.O.V

Tw: Mentions of sexual assault and no consent situations. Please read at your own risk.

"How long will you be gone?" I ask Jon who currently had his suitcase open, filling it with clothes.

"Hopefully just a couple of days." He says, and continues to pack. I had an unsettling pit in the bottom of my stomach. I didn't know what would happen with him being gone. "I'll drop you off at Seth's. Becky is there, and you two will be fine this weekend."

I just nod, and look down at my hands. Something just didn't feel right. "Hey." I hear him day softly before lifting my chin up to face him. "What's wrong?"

I shake my head. "Nothing. I'll just get dressed and finish packing." I go to leave the bed when he stops me. "Mox, I'm fine."

"You're not." He states, and I keep my head down. I feel tears pooling in my eyes, and I don't know why I'm feeling so attached to him. "Angel, look at me."

I shake my head again, not wanting him to see how sensitive I'm being. "I just have a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach."

His free hand slides up to rest on my thigh. "Let me see those pretty brown eyes." I hesitantly look up, and he catches some of my tears.

"I don't even know why I'm crying." I force out a laugh. "I feel so stupid." He pulls me by my arm, and into his lap.

"I'm going to miss you, too." He says, and I cry onto his shoulder. "I'll make sure to come back in one piece for you."

"You better." I tell him, and he chuckles. I can feel the vibrations as I keep my head on his shoulder. "Please call me when you land?"

I lift my head up and look at him. "Of course." He nudges his nose with mine before pressing his lips softly to mine. "You and Beks are going to have so much fun together that it'll pass the time."

I laugh at him, and he moves my hair out of my face. "No other guys." He points a finger in my face.

"As if you and Seth would let us leave the house." I roll my eyes at him, and pull myself from his lap. He grabs onto my hip, pulling me in between his legs. I gasp at the contact, and he looks up at me.

"It's only for your safety." He says, and I nod at him. "We can all go out when we get back, okay?"

"Why can't we have a girls night out? I know you've got some body guards somewhere that can watch us."

"Well, Roman isn't going." He says, and I go silent. I don't really trust him.

"It's okay, we can just wait." I dismiss the idea of having Roman watch us.

"What was that? Why did you just do that?" He asks me, and I act like I don't know what he's talking about. "Jo."

"I just don't trust him all that much, that's all." I turn to walk into the bathroom.

"Roman's been by my side for years. Why don't you trust him?"

"Look, we will just stay in. Netflix binge and all that. No worries." I dismiss the conversation again, but I see Mox furrow his eyebrows. "I'm almost done getting ready."

"Okay." He sighs, and by time we get in the car, you can feel the tension. "You're sure you don't want to go out?"

"Mox, I said I'm fine." At this point he's being annoying. I get it. That's his brother, but I just get an uneasy feeling about him.

"Alright, we're here." He says, and parks the car. I go to exit the car when he reaches over to shut it.

"Mox, what the fu-" He cuts me off with another kiss. He pulls away, and runs his thumb over my bottom lip.