Chapter Fourteen

Jo's P.O.V

"So, how have you and Jon been?" Isabelle asks me. I had moved from Seth and Becky's to staying with her and Adam as we try to go after Dante and Micah the right way. More carefully. "I heard yall had a kiss the other day."

"Uh....yeah we did, but that's been the most it's been. He's supposed to take me to the doctor tomorrow. Apparently I'm getting a boot to walk around in to help the healing process."

I was nervous to see him again. Since I was staying with everyone but him, he would send me texts throughout the day just to keep tabs on me.

"Do you want it to be more?" She asks me, and I can't help but feel conflicted.

"I don't know if he does. Once I basically shoved him out of the cabin the other day it's been tense."

"But, he still showed up at the hospital, and he's been checking up on you." Isabelle tries to reason with me. "All I know is it seems like the guy is trying."

After moments of silence I decide to confide in her. "He's the best guy I've ever known. I tried to push him away because I see how this looks. I'm his enemy's daughter, and I don't want him looking like a traitor to Toxicity."

"But you didn't even know. None of us did."

"Do you think Dante knows?" I question her, and she shrugs her shoulders before continuing to fold our laundry. "I just hate how tense things are with Jon and I. He used to make me laugh, and now he's cautious around me. Almost like with one wrong move, I'll break or something."

"Just talk to him. See if you can get him to open up a little. Seems to me like you're the only one that he does that with."

I chuckle, and nod my head. "He's a tough one, that's for sure."

******
The next morning, he was there, helping me into the car, but he seemed off. "Got it?" He asks me, and I nod at him. He shuts the door before walking around to the other side, and getting into the driver's seat. He still remained quiet, and somehow I felt like it was my fault.

"Are you okay?" I ask him, and he turns to look at me before nodding. "You sure?"

"Just tired." He shrugs it off, but I'm not buying it one bit. "Ready to see what I wrote on your cast?"

"I don't know. It may be scary." I joke with him, and he shakes his head at me. "I'm just ready to walk normally again."

"That's what the boot will help with." He says, and pats my knee. "You're healing exceptionally well. Better than anyone I've ever seen with this kind of injury."

"Thanks. Hey, do you think we could get some food afterwards?" I ask him, and he nods. "Unless you're busy."

"Never too busy for you." He says with a smile, and my heart flutters a bit. "Now, come on. Let's get that cast off."

Mox's P.O.V

She looked incredible. Every single part of her. This space thing was killing me slowly, but she couldn't know that. I needed to take things her pace for the time being.

"There you go Ms. Rennigan. Take a few steps for me." The doctor says, and she hesitantly does so. Still being cautious of everything, but she was doing great. "She's all yours."

"Thank you." I tell the doctor, and she continues to walk for a few minutes. "How do you feel?"

"Um, good, I think." She says, and giggles. "Does it look bad?" My self conscious angel.

"You look badass." I tell her, and watch the blush rise to her cheeks. At least I still have an affect on her. "Ready to eat?"

"God yes." She says, and I shake my head at her. We make our way to the car. I stay just a little bit behind her while she gets used to the boot. "Should I try and use it to boost up into your truck?"