Chapter 12: I like playing dirty

En başından başla

"What do you mean by walls? Did something happen to him in the past?"

"Not every evil character has a tragic backstory. But you know that sometimes, to be what the world wants, you have to leave your own self behind. I am sure someday when you meet the real Taehyung, you will love him more than you hate him now."

"I don't hate him," I say lowly.

"I know," Jin adds with a smile, "and congrats on your first win. I have to admit that I was quite impressed with how you handled the situation. Cheers to more win!" 

"Cheers!" We toss our glasses and let the drink sink in.

"Have some more drinks while I survey around a bit," Jin says as he moves out.

I sit there alone, my mind fogging with things Jin just said. It's not that I consider Taehyung as someone evil, he is not that evil, and it's clear by the way he brought me food the first day. It was a sincere offer, and I could feel it. Only if he could control his anger, I would have definitely liked him better.

"Would you mind sharing your thoughts?"

I look over the rim of my glance when a familiar man approaches me. He slightly smiles and continues walking till he's a few feet away from me. I recall seeing him in the room above, but I can't remember his name. He is dressed in a black tuxedo, giving his body the perfect sight to behold.

"Looking for someone," I remark hazily. I'm not sure where I'm finding the guts to speak; he looks exceptionally hot.

"I had a brilliant pick-up line prepared, but you've made me forget everything, so, Hi!"

"Hello." I am trying not to smile, but I can't help myself. He's flirting with me, and he's also quite handsome. I turn my head to see him clearly when I meet his eyes. His eyes are very bright, more like Jin. With his black hair and light brown eyes, he looks pretty. All Taehyung's friends are pretty; what did their mothers eat when they had them?

"Looks like I finally found someone who can challenge Taehyungie Hyung; makes me want to know you more."

"If I don't challenge your Taehyungie Hyung, would you let me have my drink alone?"

"I hate to say this, but I won't. Once I want to know someone, I better know them."

"What am I? Your next prey?" I ask as I drink in another glass. I have no count on how many I have drank, but I kind of feel dizzy now.

"Prey is a bit exaggerating. I am not an animal to prey on you. It's more like interest."

I look at him with my hazy eyes. Is he saying he is interested in me?

"Are you..."

"Jungkook, what are you doing here?" I overhear someone say. I look behind Jungkook to see Taehyung approaching, holding a glass in one hand and his other hand tugging at his pocket.

He drags his sly gaze from me to Jungkook as he approaches the counter.

"I was just keeping her company," Jungkook replies turning towards Taehyung.

"Of course, she loves company or elaborately companions," Taehyung remarks, smiling at me.

(What does he want now?)

"Hyung, you never mentioned your roommate was this pretty. She is beautiful," Jungkook says, turning his head towards me. We both gaze at each other, and Jungkook sents me a cute smile; I smile back at him too.

"She is, indeed. She is also very good at manipulating people."

I break my gaze from Jungkook when I hear Taehyung say something. Manipulating? Who? Me?