Chapter 3 -

Chapter 3 -

"Stop taking all the candies Miles!" Jasper yelled, he pushed passed Miles and took a handful putting them in his pocket. Miles laughed, falling half way on his shoulders bickering at him back. Hyper laughed doing the same to Mikka, annoying her like always.

Leo liked the feeling of being around everyone, they made him feel

less alone but also sad remembering how his family was like that too. He also noticed how Akari acted, he was treated as family to everyone, and of course is as quiet as always. He was still next to Leo and didn't leave his side while they ate, he is really doing what Tiger asked him to do isn't he, Leo thought while snacking on the candy Akari gave him.

The lemon sweet was sour but Leo enjoyed it a lot and it made him feel somewhat younger. Akari watched Leo out of the corner of his eye and a smile crept on his face as he watched him, he looked at him like he was something new and special. Hyper noticed, she seems to notice a lot of things the others don't, she smirked. "Hey Mikka," she nudged the blonde that was currently reading, she looked annoyed at Hyper but didn't say anything about it. "Akari smiled, I think Leo's bringing out that happy side of him none of us see!" She smiled at her last sentence.

Mikka looked over at Akari, "he still looks his normal gloomy self Hyper." She said looking back to her book now ignoring the hyper freckled girl. Hyper hufed her eyes at the short girl but kept her attention on the two.

"Where'd you find the candy Akari?" Leo decided to ask. Akari didn't say anything and it was becoming usual for Leo, yet still a bit annoying. "I know you didn't find it in the store we met in," Leo said looking to get an answer.

Akari turned to face him, "I've always had those types of candy.'' He answered and pulled out another one from his backpack, handing it to Leo.

"Oh, thank you again!" Leo smiled and ate the sweet treat leaving Akari with a weird warm feeling in him.

Hyper giggled and Mikka noticed the look on Akari's face. Hyper smiled dumbly at her, "shut the fuck up!" Mikka yelled looking away from her, her face turning red so she pulled her book up to cover her red face. Hyper laughed at her again, she never saw Akari look this warm towards someone. "He's probably just doing that for Tigers sake Hyper!" Mikka growled, "don't get any wrong ideas or else you'll offend them."

"Don't say that.." Hyper looked down as her mood dropped by the look on her face. Mikka regretted saying that but didn't want to tell her so she stayed silent with a now down looking Hyper.

When they were done snacking Miles was assigned to show Leo around so he was chatting a lot with him while Akari quietly followed him. "This place is nice," Leo said. "Do you guys ever leave? Like finding new places to live instead of here?"

"No, we just leave to get food and other supplies." Miles answered, "we don't leave a lot cause it's a risk to be infected and it was Tiger's rules when we decided to stay here.''

"Woah, you guys must really trust Tiger, I mean to give your life away for her," Leo said.

"Well yeah," Miles looked down feeling a bit warm, "she did save us all, like without her none of us would have been alive. So now we live with her and help cause well, we're grateful.'' Miles looked at Akari, nodding as agreeing with Miles' words.

"Well, I hope I could help with how long I will stay here until I leave.'' Leo said, Akari and Miles looked at him a bit confused.

Miles made eye contact with Akari, and somehow knew what he was thinking. "You're not gonna stay here?" Miles said, looking a bit sad.

"Yeah, I'm hopefully gonna find my brother. He's the only family member that I know will still be alive and I will find him. Even if I die." Leo said confidently with a warm smile on his face.

It was quiet for a while and Akari looked away, not making eye contact with Leo. Miles smiled at him, "well I hope you can find him!'' He said, "if my family were still alive I would try anything I could to find them to.''

"You lost everyone?" Leo asked sadly.

"Yeah, I only had my sister and my mother left before,'' he said. "But now they are gone because of the infected..'' He soured up at the thought.

"I'm sorry to hear." Leo said, looking down.

Miles lit up and put his arm around his shoulder, "It's cool!" He smiled, "Hopefully you find yours though Leo."

"I hope I can." Leo said happily. Akari made a sour look behind him.

( Next day )

It was a restless night for Leo, he had to sleep in the same room with Akari and it was a bit uncomfortable, but it did feel warm with him. Even if they didn't exactly sleep in the same bed, they shared a room with the new guy, Jiro. They were still close, close enough for Leo to feel a warmth creep up his bdy.

In the morning Tiger called for Akari while Leo was talking with Miles again. "Hm?" He said when he got there.

"Stay with Leo as long as he is here," she said. "Don't leave his side." Akari looked confused at first but he seemed to understand why she wanted him with him. He made a motion to her, "I don't trust him fully,'' she answered. "He is pretty young and so a bit unpredictable. So I want you to watch over him for as long as he stays here. I know you could do that for me." Akari nodded agreeing with her and went back to Leo who was now getting harassed by Hyper.

"Look, hear me out, your hair would look so cute if it was dyed blue!" Hyper said with Mikka quietly behind her with a scowling face. "I have some hair dye! Could I-"

"Why would he want that stupid?" Mikka said, motioning to Leo.

Hyper looked offended but looked back at Leo, "I mean it's something for you to have, and when you leave you could remember us!"

"I don't see why not," Leo answered, making Mikka get irritated. "Are you gonna do it?" He asked Hyper.

Hyper giggled then looked at Mikka. "Mikka knows how to do it.." She sighed, having Mikka look down in embarrassment. "Could you do it for me sweetie?" She made puppy eyes at her, making Mikka get red in the face.

She sighed but kept her eyes away from the freckled girl, "fine...'' She said souring. "But we have to do it now," she motioned to Leo, "come on." She walked to what Leo guessed was where she slept, he followed her with Akari closely behind.

Back with Tiger, Damian noticed her talk with Akari and went up to her. "What did you talk with Akari about?"

"Do you have to be so noisy Damian?" She said looking annoyed by him, he nodded giving her a cheeky smile. "I was just reminding him to stay by the 17 year old's side, it doesn't concern you."

"I was just curious Tiger," Damain said, "-and the 17 year old has a name. I know you don't like young people but he will only stay for a while."

Tiger looked down, maybe in concern but she shook it off. "I know, I already have to deal with Penelope. Hopefully he doesn't stay long.'' With that she left Damian to get back to what she had been doing yesterday.

"Still as stubborn as ever,'' Damian laughed to himself. He heard Leo shout and noticed him with Miles, Mikka, and Hyper they were laughing at him with blue dye on his face. He looked embarrassed and his face was burning red. Damian laughed at him, finding it cute with his face like that and a smile on his face, he stopped laughing when he saw Akari there. He was next to Leo and wiped his face with a cloth to get the blue dye off, he looked different, he had a warm look on his face that was not known to Damian.

He looked happy with the new boy, and seeing them be happy made something burn in Damian that irritated him, and the fact that Akari could get so close to him without being social at all was irritating. He clenched his fist and looked down. "You okay Damian?" He heard Carlos ask, he was next to him so Damian quickly shook his fists.

"I'm alright just a bit restless,'' he said with a fake yet realistic looking smile that could fool anyone. "I'm gonna go out to look for some stuff, wanna come?"

Carlos looked excited, "sure!" He said, he looked to his side, "could Tina and Jasper come? They are a bit restless too."

"Of course!" He replied with a pretty smile, "let's go now.''