Chapter 15 -

Chapter 15 -

While everything was happening with the infected Akari had called over, Akari took that moment while everyone was busy to go over to Leo. Zeo had to leave Leo's side to get a gun from someone to fight off the ones coming over to him and Leo.

While that was happening Akari was with Leo, the smell of his blood was super strong now that he was cradling him. The smell coming off him hungered Akari but knowing that Leo was dying scared him, throwing off the feeling of hunger more. He moved his body over Leo covering him with his smell, it was making the infected ignore Leo and him even though Leo's blood was all over him and the floor. Being on him, covering Leo with his scent made the other infected think Leo was Akari's. They wouldn't challenge Akari unless they were no more living humans to eat.

Leo's breathing was becoming hitched and it was getting harder for him to keep his eyes open. The burning pain coursing through his stomach and to his heart was unbearable. Akari came into view, his warm presents made Leo feel more comfortable, of course the pain in his body didn't stop and it was still a burning mess. But Akari seemed to make it feel better, he was hovering over him stopping the bleeding as best as he could.

Damian had just killed two infected that had come at him. He stole a gun from the others who had no chance at surviving this. He then looked over at Akari who was with Leo, stopping all the infected from coming near him. He had never felt such anger in his life before, he wanted nothing more than to kill that monster. He moved to shoot the gun at him but realized he was out of bullets, instead he pulled out a knife and charged at him with full intent to kill him.

Akari looked up just in time to pull his arms over him to stop the knife from stabbing his skull. "You mother fucker deserves to die!" Damian yelled, pulling all his strength into moving the knife down. Akari moved back with the knife, stopping it from getting any closer to him and Leo who was still on the ground helpless.

Using the inhuman strength he has, he pushed Damian off him making the blonde fall back on his elbows. Taking that time, he moved over on Leo protectively making sure the infected ignore him and that Damian doesn't get any ideas to use on him.

Damian got up glaring at the beast on top of Leo. He came to swing again, but with Akari's speed he easily dodged it, pushing Damian back as he growled an animalist noise at the guy with the knife. Akari extended his claws not leaving Leo's side, scared if he even moved an inch away from him he would get eaten. "Really care that much for that boy!?" He yelled crazily pointing the knife at the boy under Akari.

Akari swung at him for even daring to look at Leo. Damian fell back getting a bit of gushing claw scratch mark on his face, he glared with burning rage at Akari. "He'll die anyways!" He screamed like a madman.

He swung again, another infected charging at him taking the swing blow and dropping to the floor dead. He looked back up at Akari who had dilated eyes at him glaring. "You know that. Him being with you will kill him some day since he is just a mere human like us all." He moved his knife up again, not giving up in killing Akari. "Well.. Except you." He smiled before rushing at him again with the knife up.

He was stopped by Tiger who came in front of him, shielding Akari. She always used Akari's long knife he always used to fight off the infected, but she was defending Akari with it from Damian.

Damian's smile tightened. Tiger pushed him back, still standing in front of him with Akari behind her still on top of Leo. Akari went back to stopping the bleeding with his hands, Damian pulled his knife back up pointing it at Tiger. "Oh so you finally decided to help?"