Chapter 16 -

Chapter 16 -

The infected stopped, smelling Zeo's blood and turning towards him. Akari looked up at Zeo. The infected started towards him, interested and hungry for his blood. Zeo stepped back, looking at Leo one more time before mouthing the words, protect him... To Akari then turning and running, the infected energized by running prey, chased after him. Zeo picked up at least 3 guns, one of them being loaded. He took one more glance at his brother, he smiled one last time before turning back and leading all the infected away from them.

Silence went through the air as Zeo led all the infected that were in the warehouse room out. Akari was finally able to take care of Leo, and actually try and save him, but when he looked down. It already looked too late.

Leo's eyes looked glossy as his breathing was slowly hitched and it was a struggle for him to keep his eyes open. "Leo! Stay awake!" Akari yelled at him, his claws going normal, and his teeth shortened, his eyes stopped switching and dilating. He moved to cover Leo's wound again but it didn't seem to matter, Leo didn't even flinch from the pain.

Akari seemed to not accept that, he kept trying anyway. He kept yelling his name, begging him to stay awake. Leo could hear silent words while he slowly stopped trying to stay awake. He wanted so badly to go to sleep. To end this all.

But as he saw Akari fight for him to stay there with him, the pain in his bright yellow eyes made Leo want to cry. But even crying was too much of an effort for him, all he could do was stare at his eyes. It calmed him, made him feel at ease as the pain in his chest started to feel like it went away.

Akari went down to Leo's forehead, he kissed him still pleading. "Please no... I can't lose you Leo.." He whispered letting his tears that streamed down his face fall onto Leo. He looked Leo in his glossy blue eyes, he looked down feeling Leo's now cold blood on his skin. He looked at Leo's neck, a thought went through him as sweat dripped through his stained clothes. He brought Leo closer to him, his limp body resting on Akari. The smell of Leo was dim, no trace of life in his gloddy wet eye, his body leaning lifelessly on Akari's broad shoulders.

Taking a deep breath in, he opened his mouth and bit down on Leo's neck. He never actually infected anyone before, except when his step mother made him do it to see if it was possible. It did, but the person was still breathing and they died a few minutes later after Akari bit them.

He thought since Leo was dying, he could try and save him. Even though it will make Leo become one of the infected, if he had a chance to keep him alive he would take it. He also thought he could make Leo control the thirst for blood the infected had. Well he had to try.

What was difficult was to not mentally taste Leo's blood, or else he would end up wanting to eat his last dying flesh. It was difficult, his teeth sharpened and Leo stiffened. Akari squeezed Leo more tightly, his pupils switching with them becoming dilated quickly before going back to normal a second later.

Leo let out a quick breath feeling something burn in his neck, he felt a pain. It was painful, he was feeling something. His breathing still sucked but the pain made him want to move. To get out of Akari's hold, to stop the burning sensation. He whimpered, biting his bottom lip and tearing up. The pain in his neck traveled through his body, his skin felt like it was being burned off. It hurt like hell and all he could do was clutch onto Akari very weakly. Akari was also squeezing him tightly, still trying to hold in the urge to devour the boy.

Leo let out a slow sigh, he was shaking and his knuckles turned white with his hand still clutching onto Akari. With one more shaking breath escaping Leo, he went silent. His arms limply fell to his side.