Chapter 9 -

Chapter 9 -

Leo opened his eyes to a dark room. He was weirdly warm while in the dark, he looked around seeing nothing unusual, he did notice that he had an extra coat on. He then remembered what happened last before he passed out. Akari carried him all the way away from his home with all the infected chasing them.

How did he run with me and all my stuff so fast? Leo thought it was so... Unhuman...

"Leo?" He jumped, hearing Akari's voice softly from the dark.

He felt scared not being able to see him, "uhh... Hey I'm awake. Where are you?" He asked halfway sitting up from the floor he was sleeping on.

He came into view from the other end of the room carrying food for Leo that was still warm. He handed it to him gently not to startle him more than he already has. "Here, eat all of this.'' He said putting it in front of Leo and sitting a bit farther away from him.

It was silent for a bit as Leo slowly ate the food Akari gave him. He had a lot of questions for Akari about what happened but he was also thinking about what he witnessed inside his home. What happened inside his brother's closet.

He felt sick again, he pushed the food away, losing his appetite. He instead looked at Akari feeling uneasy under his gaze. He did look at him softly so he didn't want to scare Leo in any way but he did notice Leo looking scared and uncomfortable around him.

"What are you?" Leo asked all of a sudden, startling Akari. He knew what Leo was meaning about that. He didn't answer and instead looked back down away from Leo's eyes. "How were you able to run so fast with me and all my stuff on your back Akari?" He asked, feeling a bit irritated. "That's... Well impossible for a human to do that.''

It was silent again with Leo glaring at Akari. Akari was still looking down like a sad puppy being scolded. But he did know Leo would ask questions about what happened, he didn't want to cause he was actually scared of what Leo would think about him.

He didn't want to lose him.

"Akari...'' Leo said a bit of pain in his voice because he knew something about him that would scare others enough to death. "You're not... Fully human.. Are you...?" He asked slowly, scared for the answer he might hear.

Akari didn't say anything. A low growl imitated from his throat startling and scaring Leo enough for him to jump back away from him. "I'm one of the infected..'' Akari said his voice low sounding a bit deeper than normal.

Still taken aback by Akari making such a realistic animal noise it took a while to fully understand what he said. Releasing it, dread fell over him, he... Is one of them? He thought sweating and clutching his sweater, he didn't know if he was scared or even angry. What he did know was inside him he knew Akari wouldn't hurt him. How cliche..

"How?" Leo asked immediately feeling stupid after asking.

Akari looked up at him a bit shocked at his question, guess he was expecting fear and anger like Leo thought he would feel. He scratched his head thinking of an answer, "it.. It's complicated...'' He decided on the short answer.

"Well... We have time.'' Leo answered, crossing his arms.

Akari sighed, meeting Leo's eyes. "I was born like this.. I guess you could say.''

A thought went through Leo's mind after he heard that but he didn't want to say it out loud, plus he didn't want to believe it himself. Akari seemed to know what Leo was thinking about. "No,'' he answered, startling Leo to meet their eyes again. "I didn't cause this.'' The way he said it was confident to Leo, Akari was sure about this.

"Do you know what did?" He asked somewhat scared for an answer.

"My step mother caused this.'' He answered, meeting Leo's shocked eyes.

"W-Wha..?" He stuttered growing cold.

Akari had an emotionless look on his face when meeting Leo's, it scared him seeing Akari have that look towards him. "My step mother knew about what I was so she used it to create the 'infected' that are here today.'' His facial expression did not change while talking.

Leo thought about asking more but after hearing just that, he understood what happened. "Your stepmom is part of the Irony Life Team in the towers?" Akari just nodded, answering Leo's question. "Why didn't you tell any of your friends? Or the people you trust about the truth?" He asked, holding on tighter to his sweater.

Akari's eyes darkened, making Leo shift a little. "Nobody knows about this except you." He answered truthfully, "after what happened when I did tell somebody about what I really am... I can't tell anyone...'' He looked down, a sad feeling washing over him.

"You don't have to explain Akari..'' Leo said slowly, putting his hand on top of Akari's. He was still as warm to him, Leo missed the warmth Akari always seemed to give him. It was so comforting.

"I didn't want to tell you but..." He was hesitant to finish. He looked up and at Leo, fear was in his eyes, shocking Leo. "I didn't want to lose you.'' The honesty in his voice hurt Leo, making him hold on tighter to his warm hand.

Leo didn't know what to say, he didn't have anything to say. He himself thought the same as Akari.

He squeezed his hand harder, feeling fear and forgetting what he was doing. Akari noticed the fear in him. He quickly put his other hand on Leo's, bringing him back to what was happening with Akari's warm touch. "I can't lose you.'' He said, their eyes meeting with pure emotion in Akari's eyes.

Leo laughed, shaking off the fact that he was as red as a tomato. "I guess I'm not the only one that's cliche..." He giggled.

He smiled seeing Akari's warm eyes and face. He didn't know what was going on anymore. Leaning in, Leo kissed him without thinking, shocking Akari. But he slowly leaned into him gently.

Leo without noticing was pulled onto Akari's lap with a gentle force. Akari was deepening the kiss, becoming excited. Something inside him became possessive and Leo's 'scent' became so much stronger.

Leo was getting flushed, and more red with Akari's kiss becoming more dominant and assertive to him. His eyes became slightly dilated, his heat pouring out of him and into Leo's mouth. His tongue pushing deeper into his mouth wanting to taste him. To have him.
A whimper escaped Leo without him noticing, he was sweating and not being able to push or form the strength to stop Akari. And it wasn't like he actually wanted to stop him.

Akari heard Leo even though it seemed to excite him more he knew he had to stop or else he would get carried away and do something that would scare Leo. He pulled away from a panting and very red Leo who was still on his lap. "S... Sorry.." Akari said, he himself turning red and sweating. Leo didn't answer, his breathing was hitched and he couldn't think straight with all the heat in his face.

He rested his head on Akari's shoulder feeling comforted and forgetting everything else that has happened today, he even forgot about Zeo and his poor innocent friend's body in the closet.