young lover's dream

____________________

gripping your waist as you drove to our next destination, i leaned my head against your back to observe the night once again.

i let out a warm smile as i absorbed nature's scent, admiring the bright city lights and the beautiful hues of the starry night.

the night was indeed beautiful.

a foundation was built upon the two, but heaven decided to continue the game to make the night even more magical.

and as the man drove, the night formed into a clear and dull sky that became visible to the woman's eyes. tiny droplets of liquid trickled down their skins and allowed the drizzling rain to paint their clothes that now form into gray dots.

the rain cried harder as seohyun suggested jeongguk to pull over. luckily, their stop had shelter.

soaking wet, they both squeezed their clothes to get rid of the excessive water that brought weight.

"hey, you ok?" jeongguk inquired.

"yup, just a bit cold." the poor girl shivered.

jeongguk squeezed his leather jacket for another time to warm seohyun up.

"thanks."

as she shivered, a ringtone played from seohyun's pocket indicating a call.

that day, my dad was calling me. and when i was about to answer, you stopped my hand only to say, "don't. let's savour this night."

i was convinced to cherish each second with you.

and as you continued to give me warmth in all possible ways, the rain didn't cry as much as it did anymore.

and so it was my turn to have this crazy idea.

i looked at you with the cheekiest smile, satisfied at your confused state.

"watch this." i say.

with my hands in the rain, i danced under the night sky. and so i looked at you with a smile and told you to dance with me.

"what?" you questioned, laughing.

"c'mon, gguk!"

you ran towards me and took my hands.

and we did all this dumb stuff as we played with the rain.

at that moment it was us against the world.

and no one else mattered.

under this night sky.

until that had to crush when the darkest of blues recharged to a beautiful orange.

the night finally said goodbye.

"i'm jeon jeongguk, it was lovely meeting you." you held my cheek for the last time before leaving.

but as i watched your figure get smaller, i just had to stop you.

"hey!" i yelled, relieved when you halted.

"is there still a chance? iㅡ do we have a chance?" with full hope, i looked at him.

"we'll see, love." you faced me one last time and left.

from that moment, i was awaiting for heaven to play once again.

"and i'm seohyun." i mumbled, softly smiling, before taking my leave the other direction.