Infelix Hale Family

Start from the beginning

Drugs...they were worse

Somehow, being drugged meant that I was no longer human in my eyes. It meant that Evan could do whatever he wanted -- I knew he still could even if I could fight against him. I knew that he was no match for me, but in my fragile, feeble mind, I had at least wanted to be conscious and make things incredibly difficult for him --

I didn't want to give in.

I didn't want Evan to think that I would ever accept what he was doing to me. I didn't want him to think that I wanted it. I didn't want him to even begin to imagine that I would play along and give into his sick, twisted delusion of owning me. 

I wouldn't give in.

My shoulders slumped and the whimpers were back. I hadn't wanted to stop struggling, but at the threat of being drugged...I knew that I had no choice

He took my wrist and secured a leather cuff around that one before dropping my arm all together. 

Evan then rose his hand, silently telling me to give him my other wrist.

I still attempted to plead up at him, using my face as well as I could. I kept staring at him, knowing that my eyes were watering up. My bottom lip was trembling, and he kept looking at me, never once lowering his hand. 

He never once cared about what I thought or how I felt. 

"No. Wrist. Now," he spoke, the emotionless eyes of his were back. 

I regretfully gave him my other wrist while he secured the other one onto it. I went to reclaim my arm, wanting nothing more than for him to stop touching me. His grip tightened on it, holding it in place. 

"A few more seconds. I need to chain it," he took out about a three inch chain from one of the nearby walls.

The 'clinking' sound of the chain caused my heart to stop beating for a few seconds. I hated that sound -- I hated the sound of chains. I never got over it these past five years and would always need to take extra precautions when I went outside to not hear it. 

I shook my head, quick starting my heart, which seemed to lay incredibly dormant inside of me. It was as though merely hearing that noise was enough to induce an anxiety attack of mine. 

I whimpered again, taking a few steps back. It didn't seem to stop Evan though, as he clipped the chain from one wrist to another before dropping both of my now trembling arms.

"Are you scared, Nat?" He asked, but I could hear the taunting in his tone.

I didn't answer, just resorted to shaking in front of him.

I could do nothing else except shake and tremble. 

"It'll be alright," he reasoned off handedly. 

Either he chose to ignore my obvious discomfort and terror, or he never noticed it to begin with.

"It's only for about an hour. Then, the arm restraints can come off." 

I looked over at him in surprise that he would so willingly take the wrist restraints off. 

He must have seen the hopefulness in his eyes because just as quickly a menacing smirk graced his features. His hand raised to stroke my cheek, "You've had a tough day, but now that we know what size cuffs and chain you are for your arms..." He let out a small chuckle. "I might have you wear these a bit more often from now on."

I took a step away from him and turned my back to him in anger, my shoulders tense.

"I would love to hear your kind words, but we really must freshen you up for dinner."