16

stream halley's comet.

i wake up on someone's chest, my body doesn't hurt at all. which is kind of a miracle. my eyes are still closed, i like this feeling. who i'm laying on i have no idea. but she has big boobs so i don't mind.

my head is laying in between them, so it's like i'm covered in boobs. my head hurts like a bitch, it's constantly pounding.

the person i'm still laying on is asleep, so it's either early in the morning, or late at night. i turn my head slowly, opening my eyes to look at the clock beside us.

that's when i realize where i am. i'm in the bedroom. her bedroom. that means i'm laying on heaven. the girl i thought hated me, which she might do. you could never be sure.

the clock reads 6:46 am i let out a sigh. it's too early to be up, but i'm too awake to go to sleep. maybe i should just lay here again, she is comfortable to lay on.

but at the same time, i do have to remember what she did to me. and that she just threw me down there.

i close my eyes, her sent filling my nose. she does smell good, a hand goes in my hair. maybe she's awake too.

her hand slowly strokes my hair, it feels pretty good actually. my eyes roll into the back of my head, as she massages my scalp.

her other hand goes around my waist, her warm hand under a hoodie i didn't know i had on. for a fact i didn't even know i had clothes on.

but i am glad i do. i hear a silent whisper come out of her mouth. "i was good at feeling nothing, now i'm hopeless, what a drag to love you like i do" she, love me? she must be joking.

she continues to sing some song, for some reason it feels familiar. like i've heard it somewhere, but where i have no idea.

how could she ever love me, that's like impossible. "i feel more and more like i was made for you" she stops her movements in my hair, when she says it she has this melody, but where she got it from i'm not sure.

i feel her gently lift me up, laying me down beside her. a gentle kiss being placed on my forehead as she gets up from the bed.

did she just kiss me?

i take the covers over me, turning to my side. this girl gives me so many mixed signals. like does she like me? does she hate me?

apparently she loves me?

like what the heck.

-

i eventually fell asleep again, and now the clock reads 10:38 which means i slept for a few hours. i'm still fucking confused about this girl and this place.

with a yawn i get out of bed, walking over to the kitchen. i don't see heaven anywhere. maybe she's in her office? i'm not sure.

i get to the kitchen, and start making myself some food. it feels like i haven't ate in days, weeks maybe. the avocado in the fridge looks very good, so that's what i take out of the fridge. together with some apple juice.

as i make myself some avocado toast, i hear the door open. i don't look up as i put the avocado on the toast.

"billie" it's claudia's voice, i can't tell if she excited to see me or not. i sit down on a chair, as i look up to her. "yeah?"

with a sigh of relief, claudia sits down on the opiate side of the counter. "do you remember anything?" i raise my eyebrow at the question, taking a bite of my food.

"what?" i mumble, with food in my mouth. she shakes her head with a smile. "i'm guessing you don't, after you got out of there, the doctors healed your scars, cleaned you up. heaven put some clothes on you and put you to bed. where you woke up, clearly high"

"high on what?" claudia flashes me a smile, "medicine" i nod my head, drinking some juice.

"how long was i down there?"

claudia seems stressed, like there is something bugging her. "just a few hours. the time down there seems longer but it's really not. and it doesn't help that the creatures sleep every 10 minutes"

claudia shakes her head. "but that's not what i'm

here to say, we're going on a trip. you and me, to the summer house. it'll just be us for a while, and finneas will arrive in two weeks time"