13

just as the door closed, laughter filled the room. my throat is dry, somehow there is a cold wind on my body. maybe it's just that i'm almost naked.

i feel very exposed, and how did she even know where i was? she was dead asleep and then, suddenly she was there.

the room is almost dark, the light is so weak i can barely see. i watch as the creatures crawl around me, black spit dripping from their mouth and on the floor.

they all crawl in a circle around me, like they're waiting to just bite me. maybe even kill me. waiting just to take a bite, what are they even gonna do.

i feel a tear slip down my face as one of them comes closer to me, so close i can smell death from it. it licks its teeth, the black spit falling down to the floor beside me.

it becomes harder to breathe as it moves closer, the creature sticks out its tongue. the tongue was long, maybe 3 inches long or some shit.

one of its hands went on my arm, and i could feel the nails dig into my skin. the hand felt dirty, and it probably was too. more tears start to stream down from my eyes as i feel the creature lick my armpit.

i scream.

~

heaven:

"are you fucking crazy!?" claudia screams at me, her fists hitting my desk. i raise my eyebrow at her, i can see the sweat on her forehead, poor girl looks exhausted.

"claudia calm down" i say as calmly as i can. she clenches her fist looking at me. "calm down? fucking calm down! because of mrs carlson everything might go under, and you tell me to calm down!"

i sigh, leaning my head back into my chair. "just because mrs carlson thinks she has some "information" doesn't mean she does. what does she even think she knows"

"she thinks that billie is your whore! do you know how bad that can turn out for finneas!" she puts her hands into her brown hair, pulling slightly on it.

"finneas will be fine, we'll tell mrs carlson that billie died, or that she ran away. and it wasn't my fault she recognized billie, how could i know mrs carlson is friends with the o'connell's?"

claudia sighs, shaking her head slightly. "i mean i guess, if that's what we have to do to keep finneas and billie safe." i lean forward to my desk, looking at claudia.

"how come maggie and patrick never told either of them about what they do? billie thinks we're lying, the only way we can make her believe what we say, and get her to know that she is in danger is only if finneas tells her. and he isn't coming back until next month"

claudia looks to the floor, pinching her arm. "we need to keep billie safe, but we also need to tell billie what's going on. she has the right to know, she needs to know."

i let out a breath i didn't know i was holding. "if they take billie it's over heaven, if billie goes to them it's over for us. billie needs to know, she has to know. if else she might be stupid enough to leave this house."

i know claudia is right. she is mostly right. "we can't tell billie here, there is to any ears, to many eyes. we need to get billie out of here first"

claudia nods, her head turns and her eyes meet mine. "she likes you, you know. when you don't lock her up, and stuff" i let out an awkward laugh, "claudia you know i don't do relationships, not after what happened last time"

claudia sighs, "you know, some change might be good for you, and i think you and billie would fit great together"

i shake my head, looking down at my fingers. "i can't, it's to dangerous for both of us." claudia might be right, but she doesn't push it.

"we need to take billie to the summer house, she'll be safe there. i'm gonna need you to be with her, finneas will arrive there in 2 weeks. by that time i need you to tell her what's going on, i'll come by the week after you guys arrive"