Mine (part two)

On the second day of their spring break trip to Montauk, Percy wanted to go swimming.

"Are you out of you're mind? You'll get hypothermia and freeze to death!" Annabeth did not want to go swimming, and she did not want the love of her life to die because he was being reckless.

This was a problem for Percy. Of course it was. "My love for you will keep me warm. I'll just think of the first time we-"

"Nuh-uh. You are not going swimming. Percy," she crossed her arms, "it's the middle of March. There's still ice out there. It's dangerous." Her expression softened, her arms loosening just enough to indicate her worry. "I can't loose you, too." Her voice broke.

"Hey, hey, I was mostly just joking, you know I would never." He tried to comfort her. It wasn't really working, but he was trying his best. He pulled her into and embrace. She slowly returned it.

Percy doesn't know how long they stood like that, holding each other. Annabeth doesn't care.

"What if," Annabeth started, pulling away just enough to look at Percy. "What if we sit on the beach? That's a good compromise, right?"

Percy smiled and kissed her cheek. "Perfect. I'll get the wine." He kissed her forehead before moving over to the small cabinet space in the kitchen, Annabeth just barely behind him. He grabbed the wine, she grabbed the plastic wine glasses they had picked up the night before.

After they made their way down to just about the shoreline, Annabeth asked, "Is one in the afternoon too early to start drinking?"

"Oh yeah, most definitely. I don't really care though, everyone's coming over tomorrow anyways, so might as well, you know?"

Annabeth stared at him.

"And my mom hates the sight of me drinking, so there's that too."

"I knew there was something else." She rolled her eyes and nudged him playfully as they plopped down on the sand.

"You always know there's something else," he said, adding his own playful exasperation.

They fell silent, and she snuggled into his lap and leaned against his chest, facing the surprisingly calm lake.

Eventually, he opened the bottle of wine and filled there glasses, one at a time, and clinked his glass with hers. "To us. And to the second-to-last spring break of our college careers!" He wasn't loud, after all she was really close to him, but he was excited. She happily repeated to the phrase and took a sip.

"You know," Annabeth said, turning around in his lap so she could face him, "Next year we won't be in dorms anymore."

He adjusted them to look at her better. "Yeah?"

"And we'll have to figure out were to live this summer."

"Of course."

"We're almost to the real world."

"We are." He studied her face. "What are you trying to get at?"

"Maybe we get an apartment together?" She asked, her nerves apparent. She looked at her hands, not meeting his eye.

"I mean obviously if you don't want to we don't have to and it was just a thought that I had a couple months ago and we basically live together anyways except for when there's curfew and room checks on campus. So I thought. You know. Why not?" Percy practically swooned at her explanation.

"Annabeth, there is nothing on this earth that I want more than being around you all the time." He lifted her chin to look at her, kissing her about as delicately as he could, as if she would break if he held her too tight. Her hands made there way to the back of his neck and into his hair, his hands making there way down her back to her hips, just under her thin shirt.

Her legs curled around his torso, tighter to him than before, as close as she could be to him. The kiss broke, both of them breathing heavily.

"You know, if my mom knew that we would come to Montauk just to drink on a beach all over each other, I don't think she would have let us come out here." Percy said, Annabeth still catching her breath. They both laughed. 

Eventually they would have to go back to the cabin.

Eventually they would have to untangle themselves from each other. 

But that was eventually. 

For now they would stay how they were.