Chapter 5: The Announcement

(Y/N'S POV)

I answered the call I got on my phone. I picked up and I heard one a voice say "Hello, is this the phone number of Y/N Y/L/N?" I immediately went "Yes, this is." the voice said "Hello, this is Ross Duffer of the Duffer Brothers. Sadly, you did not get the role of Lisa Jones." my heart just dropped and shattered. I wanted to cry. "But on behalf of the Stranger Things cast and crew, we would like to announce that you did get the role of another new character that we think would fit you better as an actress, the character's name is Stephanie Mayfield and we will email you more information on your character, and other important information as soon as possible. I was so excited and I hid it really well on the phone. I replied back and said "Ok thank you! This is amazing." Ross then replied and said "Just for confidentiality reasons, and on behalf of people giving out spoilers and ruining the season for other people, we would ask that you DO NOT talk or share any news or anything on you being casted or anything about your character. The only people you can share it with are your family members and other cast members or crew members of the show." I replied back with "Ok, got it!" he then said "Good bye and have a nice rest of your evening." I said "Thanks, you too, goodbye." and then I hung up the phone. I then told my parents the amazing news I found out and they were so happy for me. I then FaceTimed Noah and told him the news. Right after I told him though, he didn't react and he just hung up on me. I texted him asking what happened and if he was mad at me for some reason and he just left me on read. Around 15 minutes later, I heard a knock on my door and I opened it up to see Noah standing there. He ran inside my apartment and gave me a huge hug. He said he was really happy for me and that we would be able to hang out almost every single day. I was legitimately happy because I really wanted to become closer with Noah. We're already super close and we haven't even known each other a full day. We hung out and watched a couple episodes of Bob's Burgers and then Noah had to leave because my parents kinda forced him to. Before he left he told them that there's no one in the apartment next to him and that we were able to move in. My parents thanked Noah and then he left my hotel. He texted me and said that he was gonna wait outside and ask my parents if I could sleep over at his apartment. My parents were kinda unsure about it. I told them that it wasn't like we were gonna do anything bad. I'm literally 14 years old and Noah is 16. We haven't even known each other a full day either. My parents ended up trusting me and let me sleep over. I packed a backpack with everything I would need, such as a toothbrush and toothpaste, pajamas and my phone charger along with my laptop charger, my laptop, and my phone of course. I put the backpack on and ran downstairs to see Noah. He gave me a big hug and then grabbed my hand and started running to his apartment. We finally got there and Noah asked me if I wanted to watch IT with him. I said "I don't know, I'm not really a fan of scary movies." he said "Come on, it will be okay. If you get scared, I will be right here for you." I said "Okay" and we put on the movie.