"Who you textin'?"

Jumping from the sound of Zayn's voice in front of me, I shut off my phone and looked up, my words dying in my throat at the sight of him in tight, grey, Calvin Klein boxer briefs, and a tight white tank top that stretched over his toned stomach. Crap, he looked so good. Especially with his bleach blonde buzz-cut and golden nose hoop. I'd spent the past ten minutes in this hotel room with him, fighting the urge to ogle or stare, because he was just fucking breathtaking.

The way he walked, the way he talked, the way he smiled: he was prince charming. Ready to fuck me up with that classically gorgeous smile.

"Cherry?"

Flicking my eyes up from his tatted forearms, I blinked fast, "Yeah? Oh--yeah. Sorry. I um... I was just forewarning the group chat with the girls that I'm with you. You know, in case they wake up and freak out cause I'm gone."

Zayn nodded, leaning against the doorway to the bathroom with one arm raised, "Braggin' huh?"

I dropped my shoulders and smiled, "No..."

"It's okay if you are, I mean, I would. This hotel room is incredible. You're getting five-star luxury in'ere with me." His teeth should've let out that Colgate sparkle that you saw in commercials; his grin was so pretty and wide as he stepped off of the wall.

"The view is pretty fucking incredible..." I got up from the edge of the bed and walked a bit closer to the balcony window, eyeing the city lights, "This room had to be expensive though, no? I feel like I should be paying for a night in here with you." I snorted.

"Don't worry your pretty little head about that." Zayn said with a chuckle from behind me, "I can afford it. And I offered."

"Being a private investor for the FBI makes good money?" I asked, looking at his reflection in the window glass that was crystal clear. He crawled onto the bed and sat at the headboard, one knee pulled up to his chest while he lit a cigarette.

"I get by." Is all he says, catching my eye through the glass and smiling.

I nodded and looked over my shoulder as I crossed my arms, "Well. Thanks again for letting me stay, it's sweet o'you..."

"You've said thank you to me about ten times already. I heard you the first time. Now, are you gonna get in bed, or sleep standing up like some vampire?"

I felt my cheeks heat, but I wearily stepped away from the window toward the bed, "Ironically, I'm not even that sleepy anymore. New York is just so exciting and I had the most fun tonight. All I really wanna do is look through the pictures and videos in my phone and wait till' the sun comes up."

"You like the city?" Zayn tilted his head at me when I crawled on next to him, folding my legs to my side and leaning my shoulder against the headboard.

"I love it. Growing up in Chicago, or rather, in my area, I got used to the quiet. And here? It's busy and loud, and everyone's running around doing their own thing. It's so amazing." I widened my eyes for emphasis and grabbed a throw pillow to place in my lap and draw on with my long acrylics.

"It is pretty fun. I lived here for a while, once upon a time. And outside of the mugging I received, it was a good time." He puckered his lips around the cigarette to take a hit and then handed it to me.

I took it and was impressed with the fact that I could take a normal drag without coughing. Blowing out the smoke toward the thighs, I laughed, "that sounds scary."

"It wasn't too bad. The only thing that was in my wallet was a couple of gift cards to Cold Stone. He didn't get much outta me."

"Maybe he loved Cold Stone and that was exactly what he was looking for. What if he was the Cold Stone bandit?" I raised an eyebrow.