New People And Non-People

I traced my finger along the spines of the many books in the school library. I was looking for a book about the history of owls.

It might have been a bit egotistic to make my project about owls, but I couldn't help it. Also because I thought it would help convince Hedwig to help me with my project. But she just shook her head and ducked back into my bottle bag.

"Owls...owls...owls..." Nothing about owls!

"Hello. Are you looking for a book on owls?"

"Yes, I am actually-!" I turned to see...a short haired Japanese girl!

Kagami! What was she doing here? The fencing match isn't until this afternoon.

"I have a book about them, would you like it?" She asked with a straight face, offering a white yellowing book.

"Well, if you have it you probably need it so I'll take it after you," I said, pushing the book back to her. "Say, what's your name? Mine's Yin."

"You have a very interesting name. I am Kagami Tsurugi."

"So Kagami," I said, pulling out a chair for her. "Is it your first day here? I've never seen you around before."

"That isn't a good reason to assume I'm new," Kagami pointed out. "This school has more than a thousand students. You've probably never seen half of them."

"G-good point...So are you new?"

"Yes, I am."

But Kagami wasn't a student in the series...Wait, this can be a good thing! If she's a student, then she'll be able to join the fencing team and there won't be any akumatization!

"How long have you been in Paris?"

"A week."

"So you moved not long ago?"

"Yes."

"I moved here too!" I said, grinning. Kagami was really dry. She's nice, but she needs some conversation skills.

"That's not exactly to get excited about. I don't mean to be rude but millions of people move every year, so it's hardly a coincidence."

I feel like an idiot now. "Oh."

"What class are you in?"

"I..." What is my class name?

At that moment the warning bell rang.

"I have to go to class know! See you later!" I said, gathering my things and waving goodbye to Kagami.

Saved by the bell! But really though, what is the name of my class?

********

"Yin!"

"Hey, Mari!"

The breathless bluenette put a hand on my shoulder to steady herself. "I'm not late, am I?"

"Just in time actually," I chuckled.

We entered the classroom together. Alya was sitting in the back today, so Marinette and I are next to each other.

Miss Mendeleiev was at the front of the class room with Mister Damocles hunched in front of a computer that refuse to do as she said.

"See for yourself, Mister Damocles. Nothing happens when I press the button!" Complained Miss Mendeleiev.

"Luckily, I'm a bit of a computer whiz myself!" Said Mister Damocles, wiggling his fingers.

He typed something into the computer and for a while, the problem was solved. A few seconds after, the word error appeared on the screen and a dino started eating letters. I'm not even kidding.