Interview Gone Right

Time's been ticking, hearts are runnin', think that Cupid's up to somethin' You asked me how I feel, I say nothin' .

I hum to the tune of Kat Dahlia's 'I think I'm in Love Again' as I set up the table for dinner. I think the song describes my stage of denial before realizing my crush on Chat perfectly.

But lately colors seem so bright, and the stars light up the night. My feet they feel so light.

It was sill a bit too early for dinner, but I had to get to my interview with Nadia Chamack in time later. And to prevent another akumatization. 

I had I'm ignoring all the signs I keep on frontin', yeah, I stay bluffin' I keep you wonderin', keep you huntin' for my lovin' But I crave us huggin', yeah, I stay stubborn Cause I can't admit that you got all the strings and know just how to tug 'em.

"I think I'm in love again~," I sang sliding into my chair. 

"The way you sang, makes me think that you're really in love and not just singing a song."

I blushed. "Mom!"

She laughed. "So, what's for dinner?"

Mom claimed that she was extremely tired today and convinced me to cook instead. I warned her that I might just burn down the house, but she says I'll do just fine. Feels nice to have someone believe in me.

"Salmon, seasoned by you, with a side of mash potatoes that took me an entire hour to prepare," I say proudly. "And gravy that I'm not too sure is edible, so it's in a separate bowl."

"You can make mash potatoes and salmon, but not gravy?" Asked my mother, shaking her head in disbelief as she sat down.

"So! How have your piano lessons been coming along?"

"I don't know," I shrugged. "I kinda wanna quit...?"

"What? Why?"

"Too much stress."

Mom frowned curiously. "Form what?"

"Well, I'm the class president, a student to teachers who give mountains of homework, and-" a superhero.

"Maybe I could cut your lessons to once every two weeks? How does that sound?"

"I guess," I said. I was kind of hoping she would take it off my plate entirely, but this is still better than nothing.

"What about your Chinese tutoring sessions with Adrien?"

"It's going fine," I smile, thinking of the boy. "He's pronunciation is improving a lot!"

"That's good news. This salmon is delicious!" My mother said between huge bites.

I beamed. "Thank you!"

After washing the dishes, I put a small piece of salmon I had saved for Hedwig in the microwave to heat it up. I cursed at the loud beeps of the buttons as I pressed them. Was it always this loud? I'm trying to be secretive here!

"Yin?" Called my mother from the living room. "What are you doing?"

"Uh, cleaning the microwave!"

"Okay?" Thankfully she didn't question my further.

I put the salmon in a big cup and told mom I was going to study for the test Miss Mendeleiev is giving us next week.

"That teacher sure gives a lot of test!" She exclaimed.

"Tell me about it," I said, shaking my head.

"Wish you luck! If you get bored, come down and watch the superhero interview with me!"