Chapter Three

The two men stood around a small table with items spread across it. The camp was temporary, but they'd been here for a bit. It was their current base of operations for their trade of stolen goods. The Lucian Alliance had many such bases on planets all over.

"We need to sell this stuff," Lev said as he stared at the items spread out on the table.

"Yes, sir, but most of it is Ancient tech, we can't sell it if it's not activated."

"I realize that. There has to be some way for us to find someone with the Lantean gene who can jumpstart this shit." Lev snatched up a device and waved it in the air.

"Sir?"

Lev growled and spun to face the man who had interrupted them. "What is it, I'm busy!"

"Two members of SG-1 have come through the Gate. They're on the planet."

Lev dropped the device that he'd picked up back onto the table. "Which ones?"

"The woman and the little one with the glasses," the soldier replied.

Lev looked at the other soldier he'd been speaking to. "Didn't Nesrin say the woman could activate Ancient tech?"

"Yes, sir, she did," he answered with a grin.

Lev chuckled. "I think we just found a way to activate this stuff, boys. Go fetch her."

"Yes, sir," they chorused.

Lee glanced around

Lee glanced around. "Well, lookee here, more trees and endless grassland. Yippee!"

Van stopped to inspect a flower and made some notes. "These flowers seem to be everywhere. But they only appear in clumps of three. Very strange."

"How exciting, ménage à trois flowers."

"Come on, I think a science team should come back and study them, who knows what they can discover. Do you know how many medicines come from plants?" Van asked her.

"No, but I'm sure you do."

"Well, not really, I do know a lot of it does. I'm sure your brother would know more."

"Is that another hint that we need a science officer?" she asked.

"Maybe."

"Well, I don't see anything at all here of any interest. It does appear to be uninhabited, at least in the immediate area around the Gate. We should tell General Carter to send a UAV to do a wider survey of the planet's surface."

Van nodded and stopped. "I need a break."

"Come on, we haven't even walked that far!"

"Yes we have, we must be at least three or four meters from the Gate!" he insisted.

"You're a whiner. I think we need to get you on the treadmill more." She took a seat beside him on a fallen log. "At least this place is peaceful."

"And the temperature is pretty nice."