Chapter 10

Harry

Love the kid you were given, not the kid you thought you were going to get ~unknown

I came home Sunday afternoon to find my mother sitting at the dining room table. Last night was by far one of the best times of my life. I have to admit, I was nervous about everybody meeting, but we all seemed to get along just fine.

"Harry honey? Is that you?" Anne asked, looking over the top of her magazine. No mum it's a psycho murderer..

"Yeah, it's me." I sighed. "Why are you home?" It's not that I didn't want my mother around, it was actually quite nice seeing her, it just wasn't the norm.

"My flight was delayed until tomorrow." She explained, picking her magazine back up. It had a picture of a yacht on the front. We were fortunate enough to own one yacht already. I could imagine taking Louis out on the sea, watching the wind break through his hair. I'd definitely have to do that sometime.

"Oh." I nodded, grabbing myself a cup from the wooden cabinet. "Where were you headed?" My parents were very well traveled. They claimed that all of their trips were for business, and when I was younger I believed that, but as I got older I began to realize that it was just an excuse. The trips were more often than not for leisure, and it saddened Gemma and myself that they'd leave us here while they party in Aruba.

"The Barbados." Anne smiled brightly. Oh yeah, she was going on a vacation. I smiled back her, falsely of course, and turned towards the fridge where a bottle of Dr.Pepper was stored, my favorite soda.

"So, Harry do you know Alyssa Payton?" I let out a strangled noise and set my drink down carefully. Of course I knew who Alyssa Payton was! She was the queen of Ridgewood highschool. The one girl who everybody wanted to Be. Why my mother would be asking about her, I wasn't sure.

"Er, yeah I know who she is. Why?" I asked, leaning against the counter top.

"I met her parents last night at the banquet." She explained. It makes sense that our parents would meet each other. While I was the richest boy in school, Lissa was by far the richest girl, and she wasn't afraid to let people know it either. "They were a lovely couple, and we talked a bit about you kids." Anne continued.

"What were you saying about us?" I asked, even though I more than likely already knew the answer.

"Well, Alyssa's mother was explaining that her daughter had just split from her long time boyfriend." I already knew this information. Lissa and Evan Farland were the star couple of Ridgewood high. Lissa was the cheer captain, and Evan played football, it was a match made in heaven..or a stereotypical highschool drama.

I hummed in response and began to head for my bedroom, but Anne stopped me.

"Harry! Come back here, I wasn't done speaking to you. I groaned, running a hand through my messy hair. "As I was saying." She gave a pointed look. "Alyssa is pretty broken hearted, and she's a gorgeous young girl."

"What's your point mom?" I interrupted, already getting impatient. She narrowed her brown eyes at me.

"You better stop with your attitude."

I placed a defiant hand on my hip, and resisted the urge to stick my tounge out at her. I was normally a well behaved child, but Anne was an exception. All she cared about was money and her image. She was the trainer, and Gemma and I were her prized poodles, being shown off to the world to make her look good. I stared straight into her eyes, daring her to continue, and surprisingly, she did.

"Mr. And Mrs. Payton asked about your relationships, and I realized that you've never even had a girlfriend before honey."

There's a reason for that. I added silently.