"Baya? What are you doing?" What the—

"Jensen! You scared the shit out of me. I thought I was about to be eaten by a bear." My heart is beating out of my chest right now. He could have announced himself or something.

"I'm sorry," he laughs. "I didn't notice you until I got almost here since, you know, you were cowering behind a rock."

"Sue me, I was freaked out," I laugh. "What are you doing here?"

"I like to come here and think sometimes," he says.

"Really? In the place where we had our first date?"

"And our first kiss." And there goes the blushing.

"You remember that?" I ask.

"I should... I planned the whole thing." He winks.

~Nine and a half years ago~

"You're not taking me into the woods to kill me, are you?" I ask. I wouldn't be asking if Jensen wasn't currently dragging me an undetermined distance into the woods.

"You're funny," he laughs. "But no. I'm not taking you into the woods to kill you. I'm here to surprise you."

"A surprise?"

"Yes, a surprise," Jensen shakes his head. "One that you're going to ruin if you keep asking questions." He smiles that boyish grin that I love so much, and I decide to not speak anymore.

Wouldn't want to ruin the surprise any further.

After walking for about fifteen more minutes, we come upon this beautiful waterfall that I had no clue even existed.

I gasp at its beauty. "How did you find this place?"

"I found it running, but my dad told me about this place a few years ago. He said it was a special place for him and my mom, and that if it was meant to be a special place for me, I'd find it someday."

"That's beautiful," I say.

"I didn't bring you here for just the waterfall," he says, angling his head in the direction of something.

I follow his movement, and I see a blanket laid out with flowers and a picnic basket.

"Is this a picnic?"

"How about a first date?" He smirks.

"You know, normally a guy would ask a girl on a date first."

"Why would I ask first? Wouldn't want you saying no."

"Like I would have said no." We stare at each other for a moment before breaking out into laughter. Jensen's laugh is something I wish I could bottle up and have to listen to whenever I want. Even if this doesn't go past high school, I'd like to preserve his laugh, this moment, this feeling, and keep it forever.

"What are you standing there for? I didn't make all this food for us to stand here and gawk at it," he smiles, grabbing my arm and dragging me to the food spread.

It's still hot for September, so I decide to do something that I wouldn't normally do once we've finished eating.

I grip the edge of my shirt and slowly drag it up, discarding it behind me.

"Woah, wh-what are you doing?" Jensen falters.

"I'm going swimming," I say as I hook my fingers into the loops of my shorts. I drag them down my legs and kick them to the side, leaving myself in nothing but a lilac, lace lingerie set.