Chapter Seventeen

It wasn't until I moved from wine to tequila last night that something hit me

Jensen kissed me and admitted that he's never stopped having feelings for me.

I was so angry at him for coming over here and saying what he did that I didn't absorb what he was saying. The more I think about it, the more unsure I am that he said it.

But if he didn't, then what the hell was that kiss?

It's no doubt that I've never stopped loving Jensen. I know that I left, and I know that it hurt him, but sometimes you have to let the people that you love go so that you can both grow.

I know it makes no sense, and I know my choices were questionable back then, but to me, what I did makes sense.

Rolling over in bed, I reach for my phone, but I can't find it. Where did I put it last night?

As I stand out of bed, the weight of everything that I drank last night crashes into my head like a boulder, giving me the absolute worst headache that I've ever had. I sway a bit before taking a step in the direction of my door.

I look in the kitchen, the bathroom, and can't seem to find my phone anywhere. Suddenly, I hear my phone begin to ring. I follow the sound to the couch where Wolf is still sleeping. Reaching under him, I pull out my phone just as it stops ringing.

There's a ridiculous number of texts and missed calls on here from Lorraine. I don't even get the chance to check them before it starts ringing again.

"Lorraine, what's going on?" I mumble. I'm still mostly asleep.

"Baya, what the hell? I've been trying to get in touch with you all morning. I need you to come over here now. It's an emergency."

"Of course," I rush out. "I'll be there in five."

After putting on something presentable, I drive over to Jensen's house. As I'm walking up the stairs to the glass doors, I hear shouting. And when I open the door, I see who it is. Lyla, Lorraine and Nikki are practically having it out in the middle of the living room. Jax is sitting idly by, watching it all play out.

When I walk through the door and close it, all heads turn in my direction. I feel like a deer in headlights. I'm not sure why I'm here and why they're all looking at me funny.

"Why don't we ask her?" Nikki yells. "Since she knows everything about him. As I've already told you, it isn't my concern anymore."

"Fucking can it, Nikki," Lorraine demands. "Baya, do you know where Jensen is?"

Do they know about last night? About what he did, what he said?

"Why would I know where he is?"

"As if you don't know," Nikki spits. I am so tired of her acting this way toward me. I've done nothing.