chapter 19

Chapter 19

"How much longer are you gonna be looking at me, so I can set an Alarm" "huh? I-I'm not looking at you" She flushed red but hid her face with her hair and went back to her phone. Mar ignored it and he did the same as her.

10 minutes later his own eyes betrayed him and glanced over at her. He thought about the situation they were in. His mind was tired, his mouth ran out of things to say. His eyes were tired of lying. He himself was tired. Tired of lying to himself. Exhausted of fighting over a cause he couldn't even keep up with anymore. She sat there curled up in a ball in Samy's big red bean bag, Her long hair covered her face but not fully. You could still see her slightly tan skin through the curtain, Her light brown eyes glowed with a blue square from her screen. And even though she wasn't smiling, you could see the glow in her face. Somehow to Mar she seemed to make the room brighter, not to mention the sunlight now shining on her. Everything about her glowed golden and Mariano found himself struggling to not look. He shifted up on the bed and leaned his back against the headboard. Mel glanced over at him noticing the shifting he was doing. They held quick eye contact but she went back to her phone. Mariano ran his hand through his hair and shook his head in disbelief. This is insane. Seconds later his phone entertained him again

Evening 6:45pm 2 very long hours of silence and awkwardness had passed.. Mariano tried to pretend that Mel wasn't even there, matter of fact like he wasn't locked up at all. He just sat on his phone the whole time trying to push out the crazy new idea that had popped up in his brain. Meanwhile Mel was so bored she couldn't even stand her phone anymore. She kept trying to think of things to do but Samy's room was so limited and the only form of entertainment was a tv propped up on the wall but it was connected to his game console and a set of big speakers so she didn't even dare touch it. Her stomach also began to growl a bit but she ignored it. Once again her eyes set on Mar she noticed he was a bit.. Fidgety. One hand held his phone of course but the other kept going from his hair to his ear to sorta like hugging his left leg and knee to his chest then back his hair again. It was weird something was up with him but she ignored him. She got up and walked in a small circle around her spot stretching her legs. Out of the corner of her eyes she could see Mariano looking at her. She'd never seen him like that, he seemed nervous. Once again taking her focus off of him she walked to the open window she looked out of it and thought about the possibility of climbing out of it and just walking home, but when she looked to the ground she noticed it was too high up. There were also a bunch of random boxes and old looking furniture guessing Samy' s dad had placed it there. That idea quickly went down the drain. She sighed, and a yawn escaped her mouth. As if it were a cue, her stomach growled again, reminding her that she was getting hungry. She sat down on her designated bean bag again and without excitement she went back straight to scrolling on her phone.

One more hour had passed and Mel was seriously getting annoyed of her phone. She really wanted to get out and leave but ofc Samy wouldn't let it happen unless she and Mar actually got along for once. Mel contemplated a way of approaching him trying to say something nice to him. A ton of little scenarios popped up in her head but every single one ended up in Mar shutting her up or yelling to her face how much he strongly disliked her. I wish I could say something. Everything would be so much easier and better if we... she didnt finish her thought as she realized that her phone popped up the 5% warning sign on the screen. Oh great. Of course she didn't have a charger with her so she immediately thought of using Samy's charger. She skimmed the room for it but it wasn't in sight. Every single outlet in his room was free of chargers except for the one with the tv speakers and console. She scanned the other side of the room where the bed... as well as Mar were. She thought maybe it could be on the bed or something then she realized Mariaanno also seemed to be looking for something. His eyes darted around the room then they froze in one spot. Mel looked over curious and there it was, the charger laying on the ground tangled up with a pile of clothes. Mar noticed had also spotted the charger and he looked at her, Mel feeling his gaze looked at him as well. His eyes went back to the charger slowly, seeing if that's what Mel wanted. Her own followed back to the charger. He also wants it. They both smirked as they knew that only one or the other could use it. Mar shot another glance at Mel and then at the charger still smirking at each other as if it were a game. Go ahead, make a move. He thought. Both of them were ready to charge forward and get the charger. A whole minute passed and nobody made a move. They just sat there wishing one or the other would just move. Another minute and another passed then finally Mel was decided to get it fot herself and end the dumb game. Mar sensed her thought and when Mel got up from the beanbag he also got up the bed. Oh so he wants to play huh. 

End of chapter 19

(sorry this actually really Wacc af but like I said, filler chapters.... :/ have a good day y'all