Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"Mom!" i called from upstairs "mommm...mama!" ugh "mom i'm going outside for a swim!" bro istg And then she gets mad when I don't hear herI grab a towel and sunscreen, put on my sunglasses and rush downstairs. "Mom did you hear me ?" I hear her in the kitchen talking to someone so I go. "Ma-"I began but what I hear cuts me off

"Yes  I know i know...look I warned her that it was going to happen eventually" she sighs into the phone "yeah... five years have passed, five long years but we'll be fine i'm sure that Melanie will be fine too" she pauses and then says "well i've got to go..... Yes i'll keep you updated comadre don't worry....okay bye" She turns around and sees me standing behind the counter. "Oh! Melly I didn't know you were...here" "Mom...no pls dont tell me that.-..."

5 years ago my dad died when I was just in the 6th grade. He had a car accident and later passed away in the hospital. Me and mom were alone after that so she decided that it was best to move out of our hometown in Ottawa and move out to the States all the way to Delaware where most of her side of the family lived. For a while my mom struggled with her job and being able to maintain us both but we finally settled and we both started a new life.

My mom's face changes and she steps to me. "Mel...you know I told you we would have to move back someday. All our stuff is basically still there,you once said your whole life was there...look mija ik you went through this and it was hard but you are all grown up and it's time we go back to our life in Ontario. I felt the same as you did when your father passed, so that's why I felt we needed to forget the tragedies and have a new life but now...look, the company needs me back at the plant."

"Well what for''I asked my mom, kinda annoyed " can't we just stay here?" "Mel, they are naming me the vice president! They say that even though I moved out into the partner plant they think I have done an amazing job keeping up with sales and setting the company up with great partners and potential investors and think it's time to get moved up and in order we need to get back to Ottawa."

Wow this is heavy. This is great for my mom. She's been dreaming about this for so long and I mean I can't ruin it for her,but I just can't believe I'm going back. It's been 5 years! What will have happened in all this time? I can't imagine anything horrible or good so I just shake it off for the moment "mom! This is great ! I mean wow!" I give her a hug "wow...we're really moving back to ottawa this is crazy" "don't worry you'll be fine, back in the same place and you'll go to the highschool with all your old friends" " oh mom please you know that the only friend from ottawa was Samy but uh anyways when do we go back?" " 1-2 weeks, it's not enough time but it'll do, Hopefully.  Your aunt Cami will help us move back into our old house as soon as the moving truck gets there"

It's about 7pm and I'm sitting alongside the pool still. I can't believe im going back i'm kinda excited but dreading it at the same time. I used to have a bunch of friends back in 6th grade but now I'm in highschool and I'm a junior. Everyone will be so changed. I'M changed. Oh god I'm nervous Well...everyone except for Samy Chuha. He was my best friend, well we still are very close.We talk every once in a while and we try to pretend like nothing happened but it's not the same. The last time we talked was last year....Maybe I should text him.

Me:Samy! Omg hey!

Samy: Mel! heyyy!

Me: ahhhh!!! Samy guess what?! I have big news

Samy:ouuuu whats the news

Me: I'm moving back!

Samy:no way fr? Say swear

Me: Swear! My mom is getting promoted at work and so we have to move back

Samy: dude this is awesome im so excited we can hangout everyday and We'll be neighbors again!

Me: Dude ikkkkkk, not u hyping me uppp lmao no but srysly Ngl i'm nervous though

Samy: nervous for what lmao

Me:well what if i don't fit in or its hard to readjust

Samy:is you dumb? Shawty thats why im here for duhh you stuck with me now

Me: awww really? Lmao or i mean ew no

Samy:lmao shut up yk u love me, just wait till you see me, im cute af now

Me: youre so dumb istg

Samy: love you to shawty  

I read Samy's message and I instantly smiled. For once I felt good about going back to Ontario. I had Samy along with me,we've been like brother and sister since Elementary school so I feel like he will be with me to help me feel better. I smiled as I laid there floating in the pool and for another while that's all I did.

End of chapter 1

~𝓜𝓮𝓵~