chapter 13

Chapter 13

Narrator pov Nothing really happened during Mels first day of class,she just tried to catch up on work. She was a bit fed up that mariano didn't talk to her but quickly shrugged it off after she realized it was probably because he was in a bad mood, meanwhile mar, he felt awkward for some reason but he tried hard to pretend that nobody was behind him. When the end of class came and everyone was just waiting for the bell to ring, Samy came rushing into the room with Vik "hey mrs.Morgan" said samy "yeah hey mrs.Stowe" "how many times do I have to tell you my new name is Caudle I'm Mrs.Caudle i'm married now and stop calling me by my first name it's disrespectful" "i'm sorry mrs.morgan" said Samy "Samy what are you doing in my class same to you viktor" "we came to visit our favorite teacher duh" "well go away go sit or something" "fine" Samy went over to the row where Mar and Mel were sitting. they both had their heads down "aw look at my fav sleepy heads" he said out loud smacking them both on the head. They looked up at the same time, both had their eyes squinting. Mar was quick to punch Samy in the arm "Ow dude! Chill I was just waking you up" He said turning to Mel but referring to both his best friends. "I'm tired" they said at the same time, Mel looked at Mar and slightly chuckled. The bell rang and everyone rushed outside. Mar jumped up from his chair and ran outside pulling Samy with him "yo come over, I got a new game" "wait you forgot mel'' Mar rolled his eyes. This girl was quickly becoming a problem to him. They caught up to Mar who was now outside the school joking around with the guys. "And you can still give me a ride right?" "yup I got you" Mar had tuned in into the conversation. "Hey I thought you were coming over" "I am, doesn't mean I can't take her home, she literally lives next to me" Mel looked over at Mar but he turned his face, it was evident he didn't want to face her, as if he were ignoring or avoiding her. What was his problem? she thought, but then once again decided to ignore it. The rest of the guys found Mel, Mar and Samy "so we hanging out at Mars today or what" asked Dn "Yeah I already told Samy to come over "Mar you should let Mel come over" "No i couldn't I have tons of work to do and have to catch up to all the stuff i've missed" "aw that's too bad maybe another day at mines" says Malcom "yeah of course" "i'll drive you home now if you want Mel'' Mel nodded "yes please" they guys headed off to their own cars and Mel got into Samy's car. Mar sat in the back and didn't speak.

About 8-10 minutes later they arrived and Mel began to get out the car. "Thanks for the ride Samy, I know you had to get out of your way to bring me home so I appreciate it" "nah dont worry its no worry at all, no rush right Mar?" Mariano once again refused to even look up, his head deep into his stupid phone again. "C'mon i'll walk you to your door" He quickly got out and offered to carry Mels bag inside but she wouldn't let him. "Want water or anything?" Mel asked as they stepped inside. "Nah im good thanks though '' she gave him a side hug "thanks again now go Mariano is waiting for you." he happily returned the hug back and was headed out the door but then stopped dead in his tracks and spun around to face Mel once again. "Oh! So today I was talking with Dante before lunch and we saw a sign about the soccer team and I was wondering if you would possibly be interested in joining" he finished all shy like. "I know its crazy you just got here but just hear me out, we need more people to join the team and I KNOW that you play soccer." " Samy cmon I-I i dont know im not a soccer player im in track i haven't done any soccer in years.." "pleaseeeee can you at least think about it? The tryouts aren't until like 2 weeks. You have the foot work and the strength i really think you could it, and that way you could be on the team with us, c'mon please" Melanie stared at her friend, he seemed really enthusiastic she had no heart to say no "Fine BUT its not a definite yes, im gonna think about" "YES thank you! Thank you" he ran out the door in joy at his small victory and in a matter of seconds he was gone.

Two weeks later

Soccer tryout week had finally arrived. It was Monday and the big day was on Friday. Everyone was at the lunch table eating, Except for Mariano who was still buying his food.. He was going to sit next to Samy like he always did, but Mel was there sitting next to him, every other seat even near to his best friend was taken and it made him fume. Not because the other chairs were occupied but because of her. After 4 years of sitting in the same seat and now a girl had taken it. His best friend is dying for this girl and this rest of the guys seemed to have her in their mouth all the time. Ever since she arrived all he heard was "mel, mel , mel '' and not even that, she's always flirting with any of the guys, always hugging them and play fighting. How could everyone be so blind and stupid he thought as he annoyingly walked to sit down next to Mike on the other side. He pulled his phone out and just watched videos ignoring everyone since they seemed to be too busy with their new "home girl"

He couldn't even concentrate on what he was watching and could only sit there and be pissed in silence as he thought to himself about how stupid it was watching everyone else "praise" Melanie while Samy practically drooled. An idea arose in his mind and his lips curled up to smirk.

He got up as he grabbed his drink and took off the lid. Nobody seemed to actually pay attention to Mariano giving him the advantage to go furthermore with his plan. He pretended to go get a straw and as he walked back up the aisle to sit down he passed by Samy and Mel then suddenly he stumbled on something "oh.. my... god-'' Melanie was hit by all the tea completely soaked by it. She turned around and faced Mar who wore a blank expression "im sorry , i tripped" "you.. .dude! I have soda all over me!" "I said im sorry" On the inside he grinned hugely satisfied in seeing Mel complain about his little "accident" "how the fuck did it land on Mel?, are you okay mel?" Samy asked and Mariano just shrugged and looked at his empty cup "damn... my soda"he said and walked away smirking. Mel just huffed and got up without a word. Her face burned because she knew that it was not an accident, there was no way he tripped on absolutely nothing but she tried to hide it and calm down. "I need to change" "I have some extra clothes in my locker"Samy offered. She nodded and walked out of the cafeteria. They got to his locker and he opened it "um here its soccer stuff but you can wear it" he handed her a jersey and a jacket "i have shorts or sweats if you need them" "yeah thanks..... I'm completely sticky ima have to go wash my hair or something in the locker room" "don't be mad it was just an accident, Mar tripped" mel nodded at him agreeing but nobody could take it out of her head that it was all planned out , if he wanted to play the game then she was in.. ~later~  Mel sat down in her window seat waiting for class to start. When she had walked in everyone stared her way gawking at her new clothes aka Samy's soccer gear which btw had his name and last name on them so it was no hiding that she was using his clothes. But she didn't care, the whispers and gossip talk were the least of her concern. She was still mad at the episode from lunch earlier. At the last second mar flew into class. Like usual layla did the impossible to get his attention but he had his eyes focused on mel. He smirked at her all the way to his seat and snickered quietly. Mel took it as an official beginning of some sort of a rivalry. Let's see who gets tired first.