Chapter 12

Chapter 12

The next morning

Narrator pov "Guys this is Mel some of you might remember her" Mel just waved feeling shy.

After her mom dropped her she walked inside the main entrance where she saw Samy waiting for her then he There were at least 8 or 9 boys. A guy with curly black hair and blue eyes, skin pale, spoke. "I do, when you were a sixth grader you were on the girls track team. I was on the guys" She scanned his face "omg Mike right Mike bassi" he grinned "ay thats me!"

Mariano spoke up for the first time, Mel hadn't even noticed him till now " it's getting late" "oh shit Mel we have to get your schedule" Another guy with curly hair (they all seemed to have curly hair) and really pretty blue green eyes offered to go also with them and the rest of the group also wanted to go. Mel obviously just followed Samy. 8 minutes later they were all looking down at the paper in Melanie's hands. "Um someone tell me why I have like half senior classes" "you must be smart" "oh hey look you have homeroom with me malcom and frostiiy" said Samy "and i have math with you" said mike "and me" said said the same asian dude from earlier. "You've got 4th with me and mar" said the tallest guy of the group "and you have lunch with all of us which means duh that you're with us" A couple guys laughed then a bell rang "that's the 10 minutes bell c'mon" As they headed down the hallways Mel walked next to Samy but the boys followed closely behind. ."So what are yalls names? I know only Mike, Mar and Samy ofc"

"okay so you tall dude are Ayub, youre josh, ash, mike ,luca but you go by frostiiy and you're malcom,thats viktor and you're dante but go by dn" they all agreed. She didn't say it but there was no way in the world she was going to remember so many names so fast. One thing though: she felt better, still nervous but it felt good to have people be so welcoming. But then her anxiety all came back. She saw two girls walking on the other side of the hallway "hey Samy, hey Mar, hey guys'' one of the girl said. The guys said nothing they just kinda waved and smiled a bit, then the girls looked at Mel and started whispering to one another. "Ignore them, they're kinda annoying" said a voice she couldn't tell who's. "Huh?" "yeah all they do is talk about everyone, they don't even like each other so if they ever have anything to say about you just ignore them honestly" it was Dante talking. "Oh okay, thanks I guess" she kept walking, feeling more nervous by the second. Walking in between all those guys didn't help either. She felt like the eyes of the whole school were on her, judging her top down, the way she dressed, who she walked with,and even the way she walked. She hid her face and crossed her arms squeezing into her chest suddenly feeling cold and with a strange urge to hide. The air around her thickened and all noises around her blocked out, her vision blurred and she felt like she couldnt breath. It was embarrassing. "Hey hey are you okay?" She felt someone grab her by the arm and walked her to the side. She looked up to see Samy crouching in front of her. "I want to go home" she felt her eyes water and her face burned. "Mel, hey no don't cry, i'm right here, I'll stick with you don't worry,You'll be fine. I promise." "I don't know, I just, I feel like I won't fit in and it's hard to be surrounded by a new- well a new everything. I'm sorry this is so embarrassing" she didn't even dare look up to see his friends, probably getting the full sight of her crying. Samy on another hand could read her like a book. "Most of them are gone to their classes and I told Malcom and luca to get ahead,Also you have nothing to feel sorry about." his mouth shifted into a warm smile and he gave her a quick hug, which she gladly took in. A moment later she too smiled back and then they were back on track to class. Mel asked to go to the bathroom and Samy pointed one out to her "but you need to hurry" "okay im going im going" when she went back out she couldn't find Samy then suddenly she was being dragged by the hand. "Samy what the heck" she laughed "we're gonna be late?, i can't be late again or they'll suspend me for a day" "again?!? What do you mean again?!" " I mean again, now run faster"

They finally reached a stop at the end of a hall And a teacher stood outside of an open classroom. "Ah Mr.Samy, glad to finally have you join us on time for once. Who is the young lady?" "Good morning mrs.valentine....this is your new student Melanie Farruko" he replied, sounding as bored as possible. "Ah yes good morning mrs. Farruko" "morning" mel smiled "Well Mr.ha you can go inside now what are you waiting for? I'm sure Mrs.Farruko can walk on her own" "My bad mrs. Valentine" Mel snickered to herself. She followed in behind Samy and so did her new teacher. She made Melanie introduce herself to the classes which was even more embarrassing. Everyone looked dead with empty expressions clearly not caring about her arrival. Mrs. Valentine on the other had seemed satisfied by the unnecessary introduction. Next she looked around the classroom and saw that there were plenty of empty seats which gave Mel the choice to sit wherever she wanted. "Can she sit next to me, I mean us?" Mel turned to see Samy and Malcom blurt out at the same time. She wanted to smack her face with her palm as a couple kids around her snickered feeling totally embarrassed.

The first half of the day went by pretty fast to Mel's surprise. She had Samy's friends show her to her classes while being extremely nice. It was almost unsettling how kind they treated her but she was grateful for it. Soon enough lunch time arrived and Mel followed Mike and Josh, who were in her math class, to the cafeteria to reunite with the whole group. Melanie, still feeling a little awkward and out of place even though not as much as before, stood aside watching all the guys stay with each other as they waited for every last one of them to arrive. Samy was one of the still missing and Mel was just about to pull out her phone when she felt someone put an arm around her shoulder. "Hey Shawty, how's school?" She nearly jumped out of fright "Samy i swear to- never do that again" and she smacked him in the chest. He laughed then everyone walked to their table to eat.

By the end of lunch

"This is our class, it's kinda boring to be honest but the teacher's not bad" Ayub told Mel as they walked into the last class of the day "it's a mixed grade level class isn't it?" I asked ayub "yeah mostly sophomores, I don't talk to anybody really except for Mar" A young teacher stepped up the the two " This is Melanie mrs.caudle" "oh great Hey i'm mrs.caudle your psychology teacher, you can take a seat over there by the window" "okay thanks" I sat down and took a look around, there was an empty spot in front of me and behind me but there was some kids near by and Ayub was like 2 rows away from me. "Um Mrs. Caudle not to contradict you or anything but uh that's MY seat " I faced to where I heard the voice of a girl was, very familiar in fact Mel recognized her". "Who understands you Layla, you're up and around the whole classroom and never sit in your seat and now you want it? sit down and stop talking so loud I have a headache" Layla looked to where Mel was "oh wow hi mel long time no see didn't recognize you at first" Mel simply smiled, not very fond of the girl.. Another dark skinned girl sat in the seat right in front of Mel turned at her and said "don't worry about her, she just tries to annoy anyone whose attention she doesn't have" "oh who,Layla? Pfft she doesn't scare me she never has, never will." "you know her?" "yeah... always the crowd pleaser" The girl laughed and the sound was pleasing to Mel's ears something about it made her like the girl "Im Mel nice to meet you" "like wise Im Shae" " so uh whats the big deal why is she fighting over the seat" then we heard a deep voice above us "get the fuck out my seat shaelyn" we turned around to see mar standing next to where shae was sitting, then shae turned back to me "thats why, hes ur answer" then she got up faced Mariano said "dont call me by my government" and sat in the first seat in the row next to Mels. Mar sat down without a word put some earbuds in and turned around. At first She was confused till she heard Layla say "heyyyyy marrrrr'' all loud and cheesy like, he didnt even bother to turn at her he just kinda waved at her while still looking at his phone. Shae gave her a look and Mel understood "Layla one more time and you're out, it's monday and I have a headache"my teacher said, highly annoyed. Back to focusing on what's beyond her Mel stared straight in front of her.

Mariano was acting like she wasn't even there not even a Hello. Mel would typically not care but She spent a whole day with him. even if they didn't talk she thought it was rude.