Chapter 7

Chapter 7

20 minutes later they were inside a restaurant waiting for their food and Mar was in the restroom. Samy obviously sat next to Mel.. She yawned "you tired? "I couldn't sleep much and I woke up extra early this morn-" she got interrupted by a phone call but didn't answer,a frown grew on her face and he noticed once again "Mel whats up? Aren't you glad to be back?" he asked with a worried expression on his face. she sighed and he saw sadness in her twinkling eyes."No it's not that it's just that-'' but then she was interrupted again by Mar this time."ay yo Samy your post is loaded in comments'' he looked at Mel " her fault" "what do you mean"she asked. "Well i posted a picture of us at the park, does it bother you? I can take it down." Samy pulled out my phone "what? No i dont care but what this loaded with comments that he's talking about?" Mel asked. Samy checked his instagram, the post had a bunch of comments that kept asking who Mel was. Samy laughed like a little kid "How do people not recognize you" Mel laughed and Mar showed her what he meant "oh god that's hilarious like what the heck everyone forgot bout me or something or am i really that different ?" "mmm your hair is now light brown and longer, I'm guessing a little tan here and there, you wear makeup now, and not to mention you know what now so yeah not a huge difference" Samy said "samy!"she laughs. "what? The only thing not changed is that you're still short as fuck oh and that dumbass smile of yours" she rolld her eyes "first of all i dont where much makeup my skin is just...flawless thankyou very much 2. I ALREADY had you know what back then i just grew more dumbass and 3.don't even get me started on you cause you used to be a lost case" At some point the waiter had took their food and Mel didnt even notice until Mar started choking on his food acting like something was so funny. Samy got all defensive and they began a stupid argument that seemed endless but obviously all part of a joke. Both guys were so caught up roasting each other that neither noticed that Mel had got up to answer a phone call. She went back to the table moments later and looked stressed "what happened?" Samy asked. "The moving truck won't get here till like tomorrow morning so i have no bed and only half my clothes that's all i have i guess imma have to sleep at Aunt cami's" "you can stay over at mine, oh wait i'm staying over at mars..." Mel looked at him "let me make a call real quick cause my aunt lives 20 minutes away she can pick me up." she says and gets up and walks away. "Mar, you think she can stay over at yours?" Mariano looked at his face straight for about 30 seconds "you got it, and bad , I can tell. . . .dude chill she just got here and she's not leaving, calm down you know" " I am chill, I just want to be with her that's all" Mar was beginning to get mad "then why'd you say you wanted to come over for, why did you say you could spend the night huh,? you're over here making other plans now? And all because of a ...because of a girl?!?!? " "Nah nah it's not like that, chilllll bro. It's just I can tell she been bummed out since she got here, or what you're gonna tell me you haven't noticed?" "no" "look never mind but she's my best friend.... thats a girl i mean i'm just tryna make her feel better" he didn't say anything for a few seconds the same unreadable look remind on his face "fine but just remember that you don't know anything about her life over there, what if she has a guy? she has new friends, You don't gotta exactly be there, but fine I understand... but if you chasin her all night i swear ima shoot you"  his straight face broke into quick laughter "We ain't done talking though" Mar said and then Samy got up and walked to Mel "they said they should be here when mom's done taking a shower so ...i guess i-" "no wait why don't you come with me over to Mars, spend the night?" "no i couldn't, i don't know him much, I'm a stranger to him basically and you would think he would be okay with me spending it over at his??mmm I don't think so" she pats him on the shoulder in sarcasm, but the episode from back in the car kept replaying in her head "You can stop with the sarcasm" he himself felt a little wash of shame remembering the conversation he just had seconds ago with Mariano "but no seriously he said it was fine." At first she didn't seem too convinced but Samy promised that it was okay then surely she agreed.

"Well we here" They drove over to the neighborhood and stopped in front of Samy's house, Mel had called her mom to ask for permission and after consent everyone decided to get a change of clothes for Mel from Samy's house since all the suitcases were at her aunt's house.

"wow...my old house this is crazy '' Mel said as she looked out the window "yeah you see the one right there?...there lives a cute guy with a nice car" Samy joked trying to make her laugh "oh hush u dummy"

Samy told Mar that he could drive his car over to his house and once he was done him and Mel would walk over to his place. Mariano nodded, then drove off. Meanwhile Mel was still in awe. Samy watched as Mariano drove off then he turned to face Mel and he saw her eyes were watering.

end of chapter 7