chapter 17

Chapter 17

"Mel ... don't listen to a word he said he's just upset over the game, he'll come through" "Samy...He'll never come though, didn't you hear everything he just said?! He never liked me, don't you understand?" "Mel he's just mad," he grabbed her hand and looked down at her "leave me alone Samy" and she shook his hand of hers, and he pulled back with a little hurt in his eyes "im sorry but i dont need to be comforted im fine on my own" "Can I at least give you a ride home?" "No, I'll just call mom or something. I'm not getting in the car with him." he sighed knowing he couldn't change her mind "well um...Are you sure?" "positive" " well i'm here if you wanna talk like always" "mhm" is all she replied. Without looking at him she just put in her earbuds and began to play music. He walked away to his car without saying goodbye. Mel watched him drive off and continued silently sobbing over what had just happened. When the tears finally stopped she huffed, focusing on her new problem: finding a way home. Ofc her mother was working till late so there's no way her mom would pick her up. She lied to Samy so he could leave and not push further on him, giving her a ride along with Mar. Her only other option was to walk home. So she did.

Even though the car drive from home to school was only about 8 minutes it took Mel a whole hour or so to get home. It was practically dark now and she was so tired and done with today. All she could think of was a shower and laying in bed till who knows when. Her mom still hasn't arrived home so she figured she ate and showered before she did so. Mel was in the mood to talk or see nobody. 2 Hours later Mel found herself in bed just as she had planned. She just sat and thought staring at the wall. For some reason she was so upset about what Mariano thought, for some reason his words hurt her so much but she didn't understand why. Usually she wouldn't pay attention to someone acting in such a childish and machinist way, and that's exactly how Mar had been acting. But she cared too much. There was no way to ignore him; he just happens to revolve over everything. And worst was that it was not even his personality it was just simply her. She sat and just thought about each time she had witnessed him laugh and smile to his friends, they were two different people.

Mel snapped out of it and screamed into her pillow trying to let out a weird knotted feeling she felt within her chest. At that same time her phone began to chime with notifications. It was Samy calling and texting her. She picked up the phone .

"Hey samy"

"Wanna come over"

"Sorry im just gonna chill and hangout with my mom"

"That's a lie, dont lie to me"

"I'm not lying"

"I saw you walking home, and don't even try making up another lie I saw you

from my window way back at the sign with all your soccer things. And your moms

Car is not parked."

"Okay fine but i'm not in the mood, you said yourself you saw me

Walking, I was and I am tired.

"Fine but we're hanging out tomorrow, you're not allowed to say no"

"Whatever....just the two of us right"

"Just the two of us"

"Okay that sounds fine i guess, i'm going to bed"

"Okay cya tomorrow, good night"

"Night samy"

She hung up and did exactly as she promised. Sleep came and took her out into a deep place.

The next morning

Melanie woke up at around 8 the next morning. She tried sleeping again but she couldn't and haven gave up she got up and decided to start her day. Her mother was still in bed so she decided to make breakfast for the two of them. When she was done she realized she was still in her pj's so she dragged herself upstairs to take a shower, but instead she found herself taking a 2 hour nap and woke up to see it was now noon. When she checked her phone she saw new messages from Samy who was asking if they could go eat at 1:30. Once she agreed she finally went to actually take a shower then got dressed into some jeans, a jacket and sneakers. When she was done she walked over to Samy's. "Hey M" he said "i'm starving let's go eat like now" "i'm good thanks what about you" They ended up at a restaurant in side the mall and even though Mel was still not in the mood, Samy convinced her to go shopping and they bought a couple of nice hoodies along with a matching set of jackets. By the end of the mall trip Mel was in a way better mood, glad of going out with him. It was around 4:30 and Samy offered to go back to his house and have a movie night with take out and Mel happily agreed. She let her mom know and they drove back.

When they got back home Samy put Mel in charge of setting up the Tv and choosing what would be the first movie. "I'm going to the bathroom and I'll be back." "sure" he left the living room and Mel got to work. Minutes passed and Samy was still not back. At first Mel didn't notice but then she realized the silence, not to mention the weird feeling of being in an empty room of which was not her house. "Samy?" she called out. No response. "SAMY??" she called out even louder. He still didn't answer. Mel decided to go up the stairs into his room totally annoyed. "Samy where did you go this is not even funny i'm gonna leave" She entered the room, called out again and realized he was in the bathroom.... Taking a shower?! "Samy what the heck! Why are you taking a shower and you don't even tell me?" she pounded on the door. "Dude chill! I'm sorry I had to, I uhhhhh ummmm I ...." "what samy?!" "oh! I spilt um soap...? Yeah soap and i got it all over my clothes and then i accidentally wiped it on my hair so I figured just take a shower" he yelled from inside the bathroom. Mel just groaned out loud and headed for the door "oh by the way Mel, I invited some of the guys over just in case they get here before I'm out!" "Samy! You said it was just me and you today!" "What's the problem! Ayub texted me and so i told him he could bring the guys over" once more Mel groaned "whatever" and she was out the door.

She plopped on the couch and played a game on her phone for about 20 minutes. At some point she accidentally began to drift off there on the couch but then she heard a knock on the front door. She got up yawning and headed for the door.

When she opened it she expected to see Malcom with his bright blue eyes, Ayub being the tallest one always in the back looking down at everyone, DN and Mike being dumb like always. Frostiiy and Vik arguing about who has the best curly hair or just Josh singing his heart out to Juice wrld  lyrics like he always did But no. She didn't see any of that. Instead standing at the door was nobody else than Mariano.

Out of all people it was him and just him.

"What the fuck are you doing here"