Chapter 48

TW: gun and a knife were mentioned.

July 25, 2016

(3 days after Raiden's death.)

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Patingin tingin sa paligid niya si Caleb habang naglalakad siya papunta sa Condo ni Veronica.

Alam ni Caleb na sakanya ang bata na dinadala ni Veronica. It was part of their plan, so he knows about it.

A week before towards the conflict, they had sex. They made sure that Veronica would become pregnant after a few weeks and that it would appear that Sandro was the one who got her pregnant.

He's ready for the consequences that's waiting for him at the end. One of them is being a father to Veronica's unborn child.

He's anxious. Balisa at hindi na siya mapakali. His conscience is hunting him.

He had just gotten a message from his dear friend Raiden.

(Flashback)

Caleb was pacing back and forth. He's at a loss on what to do. Raiden perished as a consequences of his deeds. He was the one who brought his friend into this mess.

He, too, is grieving over Raiden's death. Ni hindi siya makapunta sa lamay nito dahil alam niya na may pananagutan din siya sa pagkamatay nito.

He checked Kriz's Instagram page. A picture of them was uploaded by the girl. Their whole squad. Raiden, Kriz, Jo, Ash, and Nikki. They're all happy.

Hindi napigilan ni Caleb ang luha niya. He had to say goodbye to his only true friend. His obsession had gotten the best of him.

When a mail arrived unexpectedly, he furrowed his brows. It's from Raiden.

From: raidenjbrooke93@gmail.com

What's up, buddy?

Once you've received this, I'll most likely be gone. Could you just do me a favor? Please change.

It's now or never. You will set Nikki free if you genuinely love her. Please make everything right.

You can do that, I know you can. I'm counting on you to fulfill my final wish.

Thank you for the friendship dude. I'm hoping we'll cross paths again in another life. I'm sure you'll chastise me for my strange thoughts. You'll probably say. 'Reincarnation isn't real Raids', 'Stop being weird.'

It is said that when we die, we forget all we have ever encountered in our lives. That terrifies me greatly. Please don't forget about me, even if I forget about you.

I guess, I have to say good bye now. I'm always here for you, Caleb.

Lovelots, bro!

Napaiyak nalang si Caleb habang binabasa ang sulat para sakanya ni Raiden.

"I'm sorry, Raids. I'm really sorry."

Nagpatuloy sa paglalakad si Caleb. He'd already made up his mind. He wants to do the right thing. Gusto niya mabigyan ng hustisya si Raiden.

Nang makarating siya sa condo ni Veron ay kumatok agad siya. "Who's there?!" Sigaw ni Veron.

"It's me. Caleb." The door unlocks. Kita sa mukha ni Veron na balisa ito.

"Caleb!" she said as she embraced the man in front of her. Tumingin ulit sa magkabilang side si Caleb bago hilahin papasok si Veron. "Is it true? Raiden's dead?"