Chapter 5

February 2009

"Granny!" When I saw my grandma emerge from the principal's office, I dashed to her.

"Oh little pie, what did you do?" She's my dad's mother. Dahil nag sumbong si Bryan, pinatawag siya ng principal. Parang bata.

"I just punched him? I mean, it was his fault, he's the reason why Sandro can't play polo for a while." She narrows her eyes on me.

"What did I say?"

"I know granny, I shouldn't seek for revenge. But Bryan's already below the belt." Tapos siya pang may ganang mag sumbong.

She pointed to the principal's door and said, "Apologize to him, he's inside the room."

"Why me?" Pinandilatan niya ako ng mata. I sighed in defeat. I'm not going to be able to defeat my granny. "Alright." Bagsak balikat akong nagtungo sa loob ng principal's office.

"I'm pleased you came, Ms. Vázquez," says the principal. I noticed Bryan, who was smirking as he sat there. I'd like to remove that smug expression from his face. I drew nearer to him.

"I'm sorry," I said as sincerely as I could.

"First, kiss me here," he said, pointing to his cheeks, where I had punched him.

"Mr. Montesor!" I smirked.

"Sir, I've already apologized, may I proceed now?"

"Oh sure, I have no reason to hold you any longer." I nodded before going out of the office. Parang umakyat lahat ng dugo sa ulo ko ah. When my Grandmother glanced at me, I smiled so sweetly.

"Let's go," I looked at her with confusion.

"To where?"

"We have to take Sandro in the hospital of course. Pick him up, I'll wait you in my car." I nodded before running to fetch my best friend who's still in the clinic.

"Sandro! Granny's here!" His face lighten up..

"Really?!"

"Yes! Dadalhin ka daw sa hospital," I said with a smile to the nurse at our school. "Thank you for looking after my best friend, Nurse Emmy."

"Oh, no worries, sweetie." Lumabas na kami ng clinic ni Sandro para pumunta sa kung nasaan ni Granny.

As we drove to the hospital, she asked, "How's your arm, dear?"

"It aches a lot, Granny." Nagmaneho lang ang lola ko hanggang sa marating namin ang Villa-Vázquez Hospital. It is, after all, our hospital.

"Now, now let's see if there's another injury." She looked at me. "Stay in my office, alright?" I just nodded. I'm familiar with the location, so I went there to wait for them. However, they are taking an inordinate amount of time. I'm starting to feel sleepy. I should probably take a nap.

"Hey..."

As I hear a sweet voice, I gently open my eyes. When I realized it was Sandro, I instinctively grinned. I slowly rise.

"Are you done?" He nodded.

"The findings are excellent, there is no extra damage."

"Oh that's a relief. Where's granny?" Hindi ko pa siya nakikita.

"May gagawin lang daw siya saglit. Let's wait for her nalang daw." We were engulfed by silence for a little while.

I bowed my head, "I'm sorry."

"For what?" He asked, my gaze falling on his arm.

"I'm to blame. I'm the reason you're hurt right now," he chuckled.

"Don't you dare blame yourself for this again, okay?" He sat alongside me, "You're being harassed by that guy, do you think I'm not going to do anything?"

"No," He glared at me. "Just kidding." I said then starts laughing. I noticed he was staring at me.

"I'll be happy to see you like that for a lifetime."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

ILY!