"Uh," Beckett hesitates, but Lacey blurts it out.

"We think you should tell someone else today." This is another reason they work together because everyone knows opposites attract. My grin turns into one that would match Jafar's and surely scare young children, but that is the closest thing to an 'awh' smile I have.

What they think doesn't bother me. I've already told three, I think it's time to tell another. The question is who.

"Mmkay," I accept. Their mouths simultaneously pop open which leads me to believe they are spending a lot of time together. "Who should it be?"

I almost trip on one of the uneven wooden stairs but regain my balance before they notice.

They shoot each other a knowing look before Beckett turns to me, pushing his glasses up. "Alex."

"No." I'm not going to change my mind, either. My goal is still to change him into a decent human being and I believe if I tell him it could lead to all sorts of misconceptions. I would never know for sure if he was decent or just acting that way because I'm going to Entred Upon An Eternal Sabbath Of Rest in 248 days.

I don't bother explaining this to the lovebirds because they understand from my tone of voice. No means no.

"Luke?" Lacey asks and again, I'm not sure. Considering he has always been one of my best friends I think he would need more time to take the news. At the same time, I think that's why I should do it now.

"Okay," I nod, walking through the cafeteria door that Beckett is holding open for Lacey. I'm just taking advantage of their relationship but they know this; they don't care.

I walk ahead of the two to our table and find that everyone except the boy I want to talk to is here already. I take a seat beside Olive to wait.

"Hey chicky," she grins, nudging my side. "Have fun thirdwheeling over there? I got stuck with them at recess. Fun, isn't it?" Her voice drips sarcasm as she exaggeratedly rolls her blue eyes.

"It's just super," I play along. We laugh but the idiot across the table clears his throat.

"What? I don't get a hello? What happened to general socially acceptable behaviour? I'm not impressed, babe. I thought we were getting somewhere!" He leans across the table, resting his weight on his arms which are left unexposed in his dark grey t-shirt. His brown eyes are teasing.

"Well we're friends, aren't we?" I ask, leaning across the table to steal the apple off his tray. He tries to get it back but I take a bite before licking the entire green fruit. Gross, but it will work.

"Aren't you the one against sharing bodily fluids and now you're basically handing them to me on a platter?"

I scrunch my face up while Olive throws a chip in his direction. "I'm not giving this back," I tell him.

"Yes you are. I need my apple a day to keep the doctor away!"

"And I need to keep the doctor away more because I-" I take a slight pause, rephrasing the sentence. "-have been sick. So it's to keep the doctor from returning."

He quirks up his eyebrow. "Really? That is terrible logic. Now give it back."

I catch sight of Ryan and Luke walking into the cafeteria together so I see this as the perfect opportunity. I stand up and give Olive the look, to explain what I'm doing. Being my best friend, she understands and wishes me a smile of good luck.

I turn to Alex quickly, saying; "I can't actually. I'm just leaving. Have a nice appleless lunch!" And then I walk away. The boys are halfway through the rowdy cafeteria when I get to them, both deep in conversation about football I presume.