224

224

The wedding was beautiful. It was on the cliff overlooking the ocean with fairy lights hanging to create a romantic mood. It was only family and close friends which made the ceremony intimate, and now we're at the reception dinner with a lot of people more than just family.

It's at the same place as the ceremony but somewhere else on the large land. We are in a very large, very green garden, decorated with flowers of every colour in all places. Fairy lights hang from light pole to light pole as people mingle around the tables and dance on the dance floor.

I've never seen Georgia as happy as she is now, dancing away with Kellan to an old classic song. They're so filled with love that it makes my heart swell. I'm so happy for Georgia.

Alex and I are alone at our table, joking about inconsequential things until Levi turns up, his hand guiding a girl towards our table. She looks a couple of years younger than us and is much shorter than Levi (even with heels). She has dead straight, black hair that make her green eyes shine, and is wearing a gorgeous blue dress that clings to her tiny frame without revealing anything. It has a high neck and goes to mid-thigh, and I like how she rocks the look with heeled boots.

"Dakota," Levi interrupts, his hand on the girl's back. "This is Temma. Temma, this is my cousin Dakota and her, friend, Alex who I need to pinch for a minute."

"Sure thing," I say, leaving Alex go.

"Hi, nice to meet you," she greets me, sitting down on one of the white chairs. Her subtle confidence is a change and I can't help but smile.

"You too," I tell her, waiting for the boys to leave. The band starts playing a new song and I now really grin at Temma. "I was waiting until the boys left so now we can really talk! Levi has told me about you so it's nice to put a face to the name."

Her cheeks flush slightly pink as she bites her lip, trying to keep from smiling it looks like.

"If it helps, I know what's going on between you two. You don't have to pretend you're just friends like he told everyone else."

She breathes a sigh of relief and smiles for real. "Oh thank God. I mean, I know this looks a bit weird with the age difference and because of it we haven't really done anything. Maybe you could help me? Give me some advice?" She asks, taking a sip of her water, it looks like, that she's drinking from a champagne glass. I'm doing the same thing.

"Sure thing," I nod, finishing off my water with a gulp.

"Do you think there's a point in trying to get somewhere with Levi? I mean, I like him and all but the age difference is, well, it's 2 years." The poor girl looks so confused that I want to smack Levi over the head. He has confused her and made her think things that aren't true. Stupid boy.

"Don't worry," I reassure her, putting my hand on her arm. "I think he likes that you're younger, so I definitely think there is a point. Remember, boys are stupid. You have to tell them what you're thinking because they won't think to guess."

Temma laughs, her slick black hair shimmering under the fairy lights. "You just called your own cousin stupid?"

"Yeah. And technically my father, brother, best friends and-"

"Boyfriend?" Temma cuts me off, her eyes glinting with what seems like mischief.

"Did Levi ask you to say that?" Then again, what does he know? He hasn't said anything to me about Alex, not really. Has Alex said something?

"Maybe," she laughs, taking a sip of her water.

"Well then you know the truth."

"Yes," she admits. "But I can also see what he's talking about. Your relationship is so natural, like you've always been together. If Levi hadn't told me I would've thought you'd been dating for years."