134

A/N: In the middle of exams and I think I'm going to cry. Or die. Whichever. Long story short I have 5, I've done 2, I have my second hardest tomorrow, I've been studying for 2 hours, have 2 blisters on my hands from stupid pens and am a very tired human being. I wrote this yesterday and a bit the day before or whenever I updated last (Sunday) and I'm too tired to go through and edit. This will be spelling and grammar and probably plot mistakes galore. Sorry, but I hope you enjoy this week's chapter!

***

134

Waking up on the morning of New Years Eve is the biggest pain in the butt I have experienced yet. Lacey and Olive are on either side of my bed yelling at me to get up because we have stuff to do. I groan and sink further into my pillows, not in the mood. Don't they know by now that I. Am. Not. A. Morning. Person. At all.

"Leave me alone," I grumble. "It's too early."

"It's eleven thirty!" Olive argues. I can tell by her voice that she's running out of patience. The last time that happened she poured a bucket of cold water (with a little bit of ice in it) on me. I am not a fan.

"I swear I'll get up if there's a coffee for me on the other side," I try to barter, hugging my duvet tighter around my frame.

"I'll be back in a second..." Olive trails. I don't know whether she is getting me coffee or another ice bucket but the latter option is enough to have me jump out of bed within seconds.

"Good afternoon!" Lacey teases and then laughs. She's wearing a pretty floral dress today so it must be warm outside. Well I'd hope so, being Summer and all.

"Good morning," I respond, emphasizing the fact that I am awake before noon. Although an afternoon sleep in does sound appealing.

Olive comes back with a mug instead of a bucket and I groan because I could have stayed in bed a bit longer, but I smile because I now have coffee.

"I'd hate to see what you're like without coffee. That'd just be plain scary," Olive tells me, handing me my mug. I sit back on my bed and the girls sit down too.

"You have seen me without coffee. Multiple times," I inform her, taking my first sip of bitter goodness.

"I stand by my point. I'd hate to see you without coffee," she smirks. I just shake my head as a question pops into my mind.

"So what are you two doing here anyway? What do we need to do?" I rack my brains to see if I forgot plans but there's nothing up there.

"We need dresses for tonight and need your opinion. Plus, you might need one as well," Lacey explains. Oh, right. Alex's New Years Eve party. I sip on my coffee.

"I've already got one," I say, surprising them. It's the one Georgia sent me as a Christmas present. It arrived two days ago and it's perfect for this party.

"Ooh let me see!" Olive exclaims. I point to my closet and she gets up, walking to the doors and opening them up. She is familiar with all of my dresses so she knows which one is new. She pulls it out and holds it up.

It's made out of this jersey fabric which is super comfy. It's got a base color of teal with black patterns all the way down and has t-shirt sleeves and a conservative neckline.

"It's so pretty," Lacey praises. "How does it fit?"

"It's kind of tight, but not too tight that I can't breathe. And it's short but not too short that I'm not comfortable."

"Perfect!" Olive nods in acceptance. "Now drink up and get ready. We're leaving in twenty minutes."

"Thanks for the copious amounts of time." I layer the words with sarcasm and the two girls laugh at me. I attach my coffee to my right hand and locate clothes with my left.