40

40

Alex's dorm room is exactly what you would expect from an eighteen year old boy. Completely minimalist. There is his bed on the right side of the room with drawers a desk and a cupboard. He has a jacket hanging over his desk chair while the other side mirrors his half. That's Keiran's side; Alex's roommate.

"Where's Keiran?" I ask and I take a seat on his bed. It's much more comfortable than I thought it would be, but maybe that's because I'm used to it.

"Out with his girlfriend, I think? I can't remember. He'll be back later."

I nod. Alex slides out his desk chair and sets it next to his bed, resting his feet on the covers.

"What do you want to do?" Alex asks with a bit of a smirk. I feel like he's plotting something.

We've been with all the couples today and it was exhausting. We went out for breakfast, then to the beach, then to lunch and lastly to paintball. There's still paint in my hair from the latter activity which will set in if I don't wash it out soon.

"Could I have a shower?" I reach up to touch my hair and it's already stiff. It'll take me at least five minutes to get the paint out if I do it now, 10 if I wait much longer.

"Nope. Not allowed," he teases, poking me with his toe.

I glare and he rolls his eyes, standing up and retrieving me a towel. I'm lucky that he and Keiran have their own shower so that I don't have to use the communal one. It is gross.

"Blast the hot and only put a little bit of cold on otherwise you'll freeze," he instructs, leaning in the doorway of the bathroom. It's small with only enough room for a shower, toilet and basin, but it's better than nothing. Plus, it's clean. I'm starting to believe the stereotype that boys are messy is just a myth.

"Got it," I smile, then hesitate, leaning against the basin.

He's just standing there. Not making any move to leave.

"Uh, Alex?"

His gaze lazily drifts to me, a dorky smile on his lips. "Yeah?"

"Get out?"

"What? You don't want me to join?"

It makes me laugh but I push him out the door and slam it shut behind him. I can hear his infectious laugh through the wood. I'm in love with such an idiot.

Who still hasn't asked me out. It's driving me damned near insane. I don't have long and he's procrastinating with it?

I hop in the shower and draw the curtain to close me in. I'm starting to seriously consider Alise's advice. While she may not always be the sharpest knife in the drawer, she has a point. If he's not going to do it then why shouldn't I?

The door cracks open and I jump, my eyes widening. I hug the curtain to my body and poke my head out the side.

"What the hell are you doing?" I squeal, my eyes drilling holes in Alex's satisfied grin.

"I doubt you'd want to put your jeans back on, would you?" He holds up the clothes he brought in for emphasis. "I brought you some clothes. You're welcome," he lulls.

"Get out!" I'm tempted to throw something at him but all I've got is some soap, shampoo and conditioner. Not really going to do much damage with those.

"Chill, Dakota. I won't peek."

"You better not."

"Not with the very high chance of losing my eyesight, or some other part of me, if I do."