𝕐𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕣

FOLLOW FOR MORE

"And yours is Aquanti?"

"Yeah! Lizzie says it represents Compassion and Admiration."

"I like Farn's. They got a good one. Duty and Grace?"

"Well, Duty sounds weird though... It sounds like..."

A giggle.

"...Doo-Doo!"

The Galantis Prince clasped his mouth to keep from laughing, to no avail.

It had been thirty throws since the little boy with a strange fish mask and a glowing personality had climbed into Scott's pod cell, but by now the two princes had lost themselves completely to time by talking with one another.

Jimmy did most of the talking, of course, pointing out small details Scott would never have noticed in life and delighting in every simple thing that happened.

"I think the names are the best. Yours is Crythis, which sounds like the flower, the one I can't remember... Lizzie likes it though!"

"Are you talking about crythasuems? Is that what you mean?"

Jimmy nodded eagerly. "See, I bet I knew deep down what the name was, but it was too hard to say in the end anyway, so my brain gave up."

Scott nodded, pretending he understood the woes of not remembering flower names either. He tilted his head.

"Crythis, Aquanti, Farima, Glale, and that new empire's one... The Jungle one?"

"That one's called Pansi, I think. Representing pride and spirit."

"Pride and Spirit," voiced Scott aloud as he looked out the window, trying to see if he could catch that particular constellation.

"Where is it?"

Scott laughed. "No, silly, you can't see it from here! We're nowhere near the Lost Planet. We can only see the ones near Lupia."

As to prove a point, Jimmy stuck out his finger towards the icy planet, which was still in view. 

Then, they both paused.

Of course, the planet hadn't looked good ever since the very start of Scott finding this hiding place. It was a dying planet, after all, with ugly splotches of black and red all over the once pure white planet of snow.

But now there seemed to be something moving on the planet.

A black vine, encasing itself on the Planet's surface.

No.

"Is that a big crack?" whispered Jimmy questioningly.

Scott didn't reply.

Because he realized now, that that was indeed what it was.

"If there's an earthquake..." started Scott, "And a ravine opened up, or something... Then we shouldn't be able to see it. Not from here."

The cracks grew larger and the boys watched, entranced.