ℂ𝕣𝕪𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕝 𝕋𝕖𝕒𝕣

FOLLOW FOR MORE

By now, Jakeob had been searching for Scott for an hour and twenty minutes.

Multiple turns, reloopings, tracing back footsteps, and relying purely on guesses and instincts, had led the young prince nowhere.

Wherever Prince Scott was, thought Jakeob, he didn't want to be found.

And Prince Jakeob's task was to find Scott, so only one of them would get to win, really. 

Which was annoying. Jakeob didn't want to make anyone feel like they lost.

Jakeob traced a crack in the metal gray wall, absentmindedly walking along it until he heard something crack under his foot. Startled, he looked down.

He seemed to have crunched a tear shaped icicle, it's pieces now strewn about under his foot.

Ice. Jakeob grinned. This meant the Prince was very close, if it hadn't melted yet. 

Of course, Lupian ice powers stayed frozen for longer, but Jakeob had the feeling that Prince Scott was near.

Jakeob knew the anatomy of the ship well enough to know that the security room would be just a bit further down the hall, which seemed like a good place to hide if he was Scott. 

Indeed, watching the adults mingle in the dining hall, knowing you don't have to be there, seemed like what Scott would do.

He didn't actually know the first thing about Prince Scott, but if Prince Jakeob wasn't extroverted he was at least likable.

Then the boy stopped at a giant, roundish door. In big, bright letters, it said, "Airtight Emergency Cell." Jakeob tilted his head. He knew what this was. Every ship had one, but the bigger the ship the better it was on the inside.

Jakeob had been on a spaceship five times before in his whole life.

On his planet, everyone mostly relied on water travel for transportation, and electricity didn't mesh well with liquids, so ships were rare.

But he did remember the last time when he was on a ship, at the age of nine years old. His sister, Lizzie, had snuck both of them into the emergency cell, and they had played there for the entire ship ride.

Jakeob might as well see what this one looked like.