𝕀𝕥'𝕤 𝕠𝕜

FOLLOW FOR MORE

"It's ok!" 

The boy reached forward and clasped Scott's hands in his.

"If I ask Lizzie, to ask my mum and dad, maybe we can convince them to let you come to my planet!"

Even though Scott couldn't see this prince's face, he could still picture him smiling widely.

"I mean, I would ask them myself, but because Lizzie's gonna be queen, they let her get away with more stuff. But she says that isn't true. She says I get away with more stuff, because she has more responsibilities. That's a big word, isn't it?"

Scott blinked.

"I think I said it right, but Lizzie teases me because she thinks I have an accent. I don't think so, but the other day, Mum agreed, and I was kind of sad. I don't know why, but wouldn't you be sad too? It's just a feeling that would come up."

The boy was holding Scott's hands.

"If you come to my planet, then we CAN be friends, and I'll make sure to be nice and ho-spit-able to you, because that's what Lizzie said I should do, and so did Mum and Dad, but guess what? Guess what? A couple weeks ago, or even months, the crown prince from Farn, he came to our palace? And Lizzie pushed him into the axolotl tank! She really did! I swear on my cod-head!"

The boy was still holding Scott's hands. Why was he still holding Scott's hands?

"But like I said, or maybe I didn't, but what I was going to say is you'll love it there! I'm second in line for the throne. And you're third in line, right? So they would let us be friends. And our older siblings can go and rule a kingdom, but we can just play forever, while they have all the boring grown-up tasks and stuff."

"By the way, you should know, because I knew all about you, because Mum and Dad made me take lessons, but my name's Jakeob Lily. Please call me Jimmy though! I want a nickname, and I was thinking about it, but Jimmy sounds the best, right?"

The fish boy seemed to glow with pure excitement.

Scott frowned.

"You talk a lot, Jimmy."