Are You An Angel?

Start from the beginning

*          *          *

The Ghost's comm squawked at Ahsoka as she sat in the pilot's seat. She sighed, setting her report down and pressing a red button. It bleeped at her, and a voice came through.

"This is Specter 6. Specter 1, do you copy? Specter 1?"

"Ezra," Ahsoka spoke loud enough from the comm to pick up her voice. "Kanan and Hera aren't here right now. This is Ahsoka Tano."

"Boy am I glad to hear your voice. Ahsoka, we need backup. Our shuttle has crashed and Sabine's hurt," Ezra's voice crackled through.

"How bad are Sabine's injuries?" Ahsoka asked, already mentally calculating how long it would take her to arrive at their position.

"I don't know. She hit her head pretty hard, I think. She has a gash on her head," Ezra sounded a bit panicked. "She's not conscious."

"Try to find a medkit and slow the bleeding," Ahsoka suggested. "I'll be right there. Ahsoka, out."

Ahsoka prepped the coordinates. She pulled her comm off her belt.

"Rex," Ahsoka spoke into it. "We're picking up Zeb, Ezra, and Sabine. Get some medical supplies ready."

"Sir, yes sir," Rex replied immediately, albite playfully.

With that, Ahsoka reached out and piloted the Ghost off the ground.

When they got there, Ahsoka was able to find their location fairly briskly. She landed the Ghost and lowered the ramp. She and Rex hurried to the three to evaluate the situation.

Zeb and Ezra both looked okay. Ezra was a little bruised, but it wasn't much. Sabine, however, wasn't as fortunate.

As Ezra had said, a large gash had sliced itself across her forehead. The edges could've been bruised, but there was too much blood smeared over her head to see. Sabine had not yet regained consciousness.

"Ahsoka, you have to help her," Ezra pleaded. His hands were smeared in Sabine's blood.

Ahsoka nodded. Rex handed her a medkit and she opened it. She immediately got to work.

She was no Force-healer– that was for sure– but Kix had dragged her into more than one crash course and bombarded her with medical information. At the time, she'd hated the lectures. But she'd grown grateful of them, especially in situations like this one.

After Ahsoka had slowed the bleeding and fitted a bandage, Sabine's eyes fluttered open and she squinted up at Ahsoka. "A-are you an angel?"

"No," Ahsoka said, raising her brow. She remembered Padmé telling her the story about she first met Anakin. That was the first thing Anakin had said to Padmé. How ironic.

Sabine squinted her eyes into slits, adjusting them to the light. "Ahsoka?"

"Yes. How do you feel?" Ahsoka questioned gently.

"My head hurts," Sabine groaned, adding, "A lot."

"I have painkillers for you here. You'll have to swallow them, so I recommend you sit up," Ahsoka helped Sabine lift slightly from the dusty ground.

Sabine took the pills and swallowed them dry. She didn't even wait for the water to be offered to her. She lay back down with another groan, squeezing her eyes shut.

"Sabine, I need you to stay awake for me, okay?" Ahsoka prompted.

Sabine hummed in affirmation but didn't open her eyes.

"Sabine, open your eyes," Ahsoka used a bit more firmness in her voice. "Sabine."

Sabine's eyes opened. "Too bright," she mumbled, shutting them.

Ahsoka sighed. "Rex, get her on the Ghost."

Rex scooped Sabine off the ground, receiving surprisingly low resistance. As he carried her away, Ahsoka checked Ezra and Zeb over for any injuries. She took them onto the Ghost after she passed them with a few bruises.

Once the Ghost had jumped into hyperspace, Ahsoka checked on Sabine again. The painkillers had made it through her system. Though Sabine still looked haggard, she was much more coherent.

"Sorry I called you an angel," Sabine apologized sheepishly. "I saw blue eyes and wings."

"Wings? Maybe you're worse off than I thought," Ahsoka muttered.

"No, they were your horns," Sabine explained.

Ahsoka smiled. "Okay. Well, I think it'd be okay for you to get some rest now." She stood up and headed for the door.

"You know something, Ahsoka?" Sabine called from behind her.

Ahsoka turned to face Sabine.

"You and Hera would really get along. You're both a lot like moms."

---------------------

Word Count: 1,283

Published: Mar. 6, 2022

I don't hate it. I need more between Ahsoka and the Ghost Crew. PLEEEEASE GIMME MOOOOORE. 

So yes. Eat good food on this fabulous day. I'm about to cry with happiness because I am watching one of the best episodes of Star Wars: Rebels and it has so much internal conflict and internal conflict is AMAZING. Awwww, the Ghost Crew family is so cute!

Requests are open, feel free to message me or comment if you have any ideas!

Bye, peoples!