Page 13 - Closer

"Um...actually Y/n...I love you!"

Y/n's eyes grew wide in shock. She wasn't expecting him to confess.

"Are you for real?" She asked not believing him.

"Of course yes. I love you for a very long time."

Hearing that Y/n stayed silent for a moment.

"Look, Chan...I really understand your feelings but I see you as nothing but a friend. I...never liked you in that way."

Chanyeol stayed silent for a good while then chuckled.

"I understand. It's my fault for not expressing my emotions through my actions and words. So it's fine if you see me as a friend. At least we still can stay as friends, right?"

"Of course! We can still be friends!" She said smiling.

"That's great then...I've to go now. Mom asked to me go home early. So...see you next time!"

He said as he waved at her as she waved back.

Thank you for being such an understanding friend Chan. Hope you find your true love soon. She thought as she went inside.

The next Y/n couldn't find Chanyeol anywhere and she knows why.

Of course, who would come to school after getting rejected by their crush?

She sighed as she thought. Jungkook heard her thoughts too as he was entering. He entered the class as he saw her looking sad. He walked to where she was sitting and sat beside her.

"What happened Y/n?" He asked showing concern.

"I think Chan is sad," she said pouting sadly.

"Why?" He asked confusingly.

Y/n explained to him about yesterday's situation.

"Poor Chan, he must've felt so hurt. I mean, he is kind of sensitive and there's no other reason for him to not show up."

"Don't worry, you did the right thing. It would've been more painful if you keep his proposal hanging without giving a proper answer.

He'll be fine. It's just he needs some time alone. Let him be by himself. When he'll feel better, he'll come and eventually will say hi to you," he said patting her shoulder gently.

"I hope so too. Thank you for your soothing words. I'm feeling much better now," she said smiling.

"I'm glad to know that my words helped you feel better," he said smiling back.

Soon class teacher entered as you all bowed to her.

"Students today we've two transferred students with us. I want you guys to welcome them. Please come in!"

She called them as she looked at the classroom entrance. A second later one by one by one two girls entered.

"Please introduce yourselves," she said smiling.

"Hello, I'm Jisoo. Nice to meet you," she said bowing.

"Hello everyone, I'm Rosé. It's nice to see you all. Hope we can get along," she said smiling as she bowed.

"Okay so Jisoo you can sit beside Y/n and Rosé, you can sit on the bench beside Y/n's," The teacher commanded.

They nodded as Y/n stood up but Jungkook spoke.

"But ma'am! I'm sitting beside her!" He says.

"You can sit beside your girlfriend some other times. Not like you'll die or something."