The Egg

(first person, Punz)

A few days pass, Bad and Antfrost have been asking us to come to meet this egg. Wilbur is skeptical of it, so am I. It sounds like a cult and it might be.

"So are you ready to meet the egg now?" Bad had asked with a creepy grin.

I looked at Wilbur, who was in disguise, "are we?" I asked. He nodded in response. I turned to Bad "we are"

"great! Follow us!" He smiled and led us to an underground room. In the far corner of the room was a huge red egg with red vines growing around it.

"What the fuck? How did you find that?" I yelled, frightened by the huge red egg in the room.

"It appeared here one day," Bad said with enthusiasm.

“em nioj"

"Who said that?" I asked spooked

"said what?" Antfrost asked looking back at me.

"No one heard that creepy voice?" I asked, getting even more creeped out by the situation.

"Oh! That's the egg!" Bad started to sound insane.

"tnaw uoy tahw uoy evig nac I"

"Bad, what happens if we don't like the egg?" I nervously asked

"You either like it or die" Bad said with a smile.

I looked at Wilbur to see him uneasy about this. "Maybe we'll come back another day. I don't know if we're ready to join yet" I said, slowly backing away from the egg.

Wilbur was walking over to me before Antfrost stopped him.

"Antfrost let them go, we'll come back" I calmly demanded.

"No you won't. The egg told us" Antfrost slowly spoke. "Come on, Punz, it's not bad. The egg can give you whatever you desire!"

"But there's nothing I want-" I said, though that wasn’t true.

"really?" Bad smiled mischievously, then signaled to Antfrost. Antfrost forcibly escorted Wilbur to the egg.

"What are you doing?" I said, seeing the panic in Wilbur’s eyes.

"If you don't have any wants, then I'm sure you wouldn't mind us trapping your friend in the egg" Bad said mischievously.

"Wait, what? No! Don't do that!" I was about to run to Wilbur, when Ponk held me back.

"Ponk let go" I tried getting free to no avail. They didn't respond.

"If you join us now, we might let your friend go," Antforst said, trying to persuade me into their cult.

"no, I won't join you. You're crazy!" I looked at Wilbur. He was fighting to get free of Antfrost's grip.

"We gave you a chance-" Bad signaled to Antfrost again. The egg made an entrance big enough for Wilbur as Ant started pushing him in.

"Nononono let me go!" Wilbur shouted, fighting Ant. I continued to get myself free of Ponk. Once I did, I ran to Wilbur to help him, but it was too late. The egg had closed up with Wilbur now inside.

"Punz!"

Those were the last words I heard from him. "No!" I yelled, trying to break the egg open. Everytime I hit it my whole body would have a wave of pain going through it. I stopped after the pain became too much for me to handle. I fell to my knees, crying with my forehead resting on the egg.

Bad rested his hand on my shoulder "If you join us, the egg can give them back"

In a small fit of anger, I pushed his hand off and ran, I ran as far as I could go. Soon enough I was back home. I walked to my room and fell to my knees once again. He was gone, the one person who made me feel like I was a real being is gone. I cried all night and barely got any sleep. I never got a chance to tell him how special he was to me.