Misplaced

Mount Justice

November 5, 19:45 EDT

Jenna was so focused on the tablet in her hands that she nearly collided with someone's back. She jerked her head up, eyes wide.

"Sorry, Wal," she said, moving around him.

"What's got you so focused?" he asked with a grin, glancing down at her tablet.

Jenna sighed. "Work. I'm helping Red Arrow out with a case. Right now, I've just been helping sort the evidence he's got so far."

"Evidence?"

Jenna smirked, turning to look off to the side at Dick. Of course one of Gotham's detectives would overhear.

"There was a murder last night," she explained. "Roy stumbled upon it before the police got to it and sealed it off for investigation. He recognized the scene as a very similar one he overheard about last week."

She shrugged. "To him, it feels a bit too coincidental for his liking so he wanted a second opinion." She left it at that, returning to the screen in her hands.

"Do you need a third?" Dick wondered.

"Possibly," Jenna said after letting out a hum. "If anything progresses, I'll let you know."

"How is Red Arrow?" Jenna looked over at Kaldur when he asked the question. Her heart was rebellious, fluttering a little.

The team leaders had yet to have another conversation about the increasingly obvious fact that they had feelings for one another. Spending more time together, more physical contact, being protective of each other—though that one was Jenna's intent regarding anyone on the team—it was clear they were still comfortable around each other after their conversation the day of Canary's counseling.

Though Jenna was almost certain her feelings were in fact more than caring for him as just a friend and teammate, she hadn't brought it up again. Though neither had Kaldur, being the respectful person he was.

But she was okay with that. She wasn't in any hurry. Yet.

"He's doing good," Jenna said. "He's getting a hang of the whole solo thing."

She smiled proudly for the person she considered to be a brother. "Now that he doesn't refuse my help with anything that is," she added with a chuckle.

The telltale sound of the Bioship's engines—if a living ship would even have those—made Jenna put her work on hold. As soon as the ship landed and the ramp opened up, Conner and M'gann were carrying crates out of the ship.

"Did you get everything?" Batman asked.

"Everything on your list, Batman," was M'gann's answer. "Plus groceries."

Wally was over by one of the boxes before M'gann could even fully set it down. "Cookie fixings?" he asked, excitedly.

M'gann had a knowing grin. "Snickerdoodles."

"Babe, you rock my world." Jenna snickered at the dreamy tone in Wally's voice, swearing that if she could see his eyes, they'd be in the shape of hearts. Though she wondered when he'd drop the whole infatuation with M'gann. Or at least catch a clue that she and Conner were together.

The hiss of the elevator doors opening made her look away and wave at Zatanna and Artemis as they entered the hangar. She was hoping to see Zatanna again. Living on opposite sides of the country never gave many opportunities to hang out in person, that is until Zatara introduced her to the team. Since Zatanna had access to the Tubes, it was a little easier to bond. If only her father would let her join the team officially.