Drop-Zone

For future reference, ~8~8~8~ will indicate flashbacks.

~/~/~/~

Caribbean Sea

July 22, 20:08 ECT

Siren was ecstatic. It had been two and a half weeks since the first mission at Cadmus—eighteen days exactly—and finally, finally, the team was on their way to their first mission.

Of course, it was nowhere near the first mission Siren had done. Being a hero for three years, she had seen her fair share of stakeouts, attempted murder, ransoms, drug busts, threats to others and even herself, you name it.

But she had a new team to call her own and they were going to be able to do their job like they wanted. Sure they had to deal with the Twister thing a few days prior, but it was finally official; they were on a mission assigned by Batman.

"We're approaching Santa Prisca," Siren heard Miss Martian say from behind her.

Siren turned her head to make a quick scan of her teammates. They each had varying degrees of seriousness written across their faces. It was almost laughable if Siren wasn't so focused herself. She slightly slumped in her seat, thinking back to the mission debrief.

~8~8~8~

"Isla Santa Prisca. This island nation is the primary source of a dangerous and illegal neurosteroid. A strength-enhancing drug sold under the street name 'Venom'." Batman said, using the computer to give visual information. "Infrared heat signatures indicate their factory Is still operating at full capacity, But all shipments of Venom have been inexplicably cut off." He turned to the team.

"That's where this team comes in. This is a covert recon mission only. Observe and report. If the Justice League needs to intervene, it will. The plan requires two drop zones."
"So who's in charge?" Dick spoke up from beside Jenna.

Batman and Red Tornado exchanged a look before turning back to Dick. "Work that out between you."

~8~8~8~

"Drop zone A in 30," Miss Martian spoke up, jolting Siren out of her thoughts.

Siren looked over to see Robin jump slightly. Looked like she wasn't the only one lost in her thoughts.

She watched as Aqualad stood up, switching to stealth mode that changed the red of his suit to a dark gray. He looked at Miss Martian.

"Ready," he said.

"Putting Bioship in camouflage mode," Miss Martian narrated.

As they grew closer to the island, Miss Martian lowered to the ocean enough to open a hatch for Aqualad to dive through. She closed it up as the ship continued forward to the island. Before long, they heard Aqualad through the comms.

"Heat and motion sensors are patched. Data is now on a continuous loop. Move in," he commanded.

Once it was clear, Miss Martian piloted over the island until they reached the drop zone.

"Drop zone B," Miss Martian announced.

All five heroes stood, lines dropping down from the ceiling for them to rappel to the ground. Siren grabbed hers, hooking it on her belt, then reaching up to tap on the center of her collarbone.

Siren's suit didn't have any emblem or symbol since Canary didn't have one, but there was a discrete button placed inside to activate her new stealth tech.